Thread: Need kv of a motor

Default Need kv of a motor

Hi guys ,have a nice 29” cat with a TP motor in it ,the only # left on the motor is 516277,I’m trying to determine the KV.I tried looking on the TP site but didn’t get anywhere.Im on Va Ca and don’t have all my tools with me .Its a large can maybe 36x86, any help with those numbers? Thanks ,

Its likely a 3650 series motor based on those dimensions. Does is have a black or gold front endbell? That will tell you if its a newer V1 (gold) or older V2 (black, yes, their naming scheme is backwards). As for the numbers printed on it, might be a question best asked of TP directly in an email.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

It’s a black end bell , So can you speculate on the KV ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MG1234 View Post
    It’s a black end bell , So can you speculate on the KV ? Thanks
    Nope, but I can tell that you have an older model 3650 based on that info. If you look into the rear end cap and count the number of wires bundled together, you can determine Y vs D wind, which would again limit some of the potential kV options. I'd fire an email off to TP with the numbers on the sticker to see if they can identify it, or, get yourself an RC airplane RPM tachometer and measure the kV yourself.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)