Thread: Rockstar 48 Gas Engine is fussy

Default Rockstar 48 Gas Engine is fussy

Can anyone recommend a replacement engine for this boat. Hopefully one that will be manufactured for awhile so I can get spare parts. The engine stock starter does not last long ( its components I mean). It came stock with a 26cc Dynamite engine. I have gone thru 2 starters already as it is very difficult to start and keep running. I have followed the instructions in the manual on tuning it but still it gives me trouble. Often times as soon as I set it in the water the engine dies. Thought that it may be due to the muffler end dipping under water and creating too much backpressure but even if I set it in carefully it still stalls.
    Blackjack 29
    Zelos 36
    Rockstar 48

You really need to get with some gas guys at a pond for the best help. Depending what carb it has on it will depend on the needle settings, generally from fully wound in it will be 2 turns out on the low and 1 turn on the high. Turning up your idle may also help but unless it has a clutch it will not want to idle on the water so you need to give it some gas when launching.
    A stock or mild mod Zenoah 26 or 27, even a 29 is relatively easy to obtain, try Gizmo motors

https://www.gizmomotors.com/index.ph...-engine-detail

Plenty of parts here too. Just one option.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

I had to go look at the boat online to see what you have. There shouldn't be any water exiting the pipe. More than likely you have damaged (burnt) o-rings in the pipe flange.

This doesn't really explain the problem launching the boat though. Have you put a bigger prop on the boat?
    I would check the O-rings. If they are bad replace them, reset the needles to factory specs and give it another go.
    Like Peter said you could find all the help needed if you could visit the local gas guys.

Good luck!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

If you are tired of messing with that engine get a stock Zenoah G260 and a pipe from zippkits. https://zippkits.com/index.php?main_...roducts_id=211 No O-rings to leak on this one..
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169