Thread: Does anyone know where I can get plans for CNC

Default Does anyone know where I can get plans for CNC

I want to build my first boat, not buy but actually build using my cnc machine. I just built the machine and now want to start build boats with it. Deep V and boats like the hydroplanes and Mystic 5000 Catamaran.. I'm nearing retirement and wanted to get neighborhood kids involved building boats during the summer. I'm looking for free plans. My building ten boats will be a lot cheaper if I cut the wood out of Birch and skin them. I could also use some advice about the electrics and RC units. These kids get into gangs and drugs. I figure if I can give them something to build and race, they will benefit much more. Idle hands are the Devil's playground. If anyone can jump on here and help me help these kids, I would appreciate it. The town and the Mason's Lodge said I can have an area big enough to hold 30 kids if I can get this going.

We about a mile from a large lake. These would be great to use there.
    Thanks all.
    Mike

is the lake windy?
    The Black Pearl Hydro is a design made by one of our own, and offers then as a kit, and its competitive.
    Ask him about the designs.
    YOu may be able to make them your self.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...pec-Hydro-2019

You also could use your CNC to make a plug, and build a fiberglass mold of it. Make the hulls out of fiberglass, and outfit them with electronics.
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Are there any calm bays on the large lake? If so consider a mini boat.

Small boats are quicker and cheaper to make and can be outfitted to very exciting speeds with much cheaper equipment, which depending on your circumstances could be a huge bonus if you are funding several boats.

Smaller boats are ultimately slower (no less exciting IMO, as the water doesn't scale with them) and lighter, they carry less energy and are safer, and less prone to damage when accidents happen.

There are free plans for a couple of mini riggers and a bunch of bigger riggers that are all good on NE-stuff.net or have a look on here for threads by Dr.Jet he has a bunch of CAD designs for mini boats and neat ways to cheaply make your own hardware, as he designs on CAD but outsources his cutting, maybe you could come to a mutually beneficial arrangement.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

There are dozens of different free boat plans out there. Few are CNC ready. The KEPS rigger from Niklas Edlund does have a DXF cnc ready file for free. Here is one of dozens of threads with free boat plans. The search function is your friend.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...ght=boat+plans