Thread: Scarab Update!

Default Scarab Update!

Today was a milestone!
    I got the deck and hull epoxied together. The hull popped out of the mold without incident however the deck was a disaster. I was able to salvage it after literally 3 hours of struggle to get it free from the mold. There was lots of damage to the gel-coat. The last three weeks were spent repairing the gel coat...nothing structural, all cosmetic.
    Anyway...took the boat outside and sprayed on white primer. This is a scary procedure with a scratch build because it reveals all the imperfections that need addressing...nothing too bad though, just lots of pin holes.
    Here's some pics.
    I made the rear seat removable for easy access to the rear of the boat.
    This thing is huge sitting on my kitchen table lol!
    It weights 9.3 lbs...i guess that's goods for a 60" boat.

20190609_161443.jpg20190609_161515.jpg20190609_164301 (1).jpg20190609_164327.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    South Jersey Vice

Weight is about on par with my 8.5 lb. 54". Do you have plans for scale cabin vent hatches?? I plan on buying throttles, a compass, and cleats from Marinetic but their hatches aren't available as an accessory yet.

I 3D printed all the accessories including hatches. They are made from PLA filiment, which is kinda soft. I'll use them for molds and cast them from molding resin. I'll take some shots of the cabin vents this week
    South Jersey Vice