Thread: SonicWake 36 propellor

Default SonicWake 36 propellor

What’s the best prop for this boat?

i bought a prop from dasboata and deff noticed a diffrence, but today i hit something in the water and damaged it. i wonder how the stainless steel one from doctorprops compares. i would think that its stronger but i haven't seen any comparison reviews. Its from the ukraine though but they ship worldwide 7 bucks it says 15-30 days.

Well I'm not going to wait that long and want to keep my business local as possible I'm ordering another dasboata prop
    Last edited by jhurlbert; 06-08-2019 at 08:36 PM.

I am curious on this one too, it seems to be a big secret on what props are fast and what props are great at cornering and acceleration. I mean I know the difference between a 2 vs. 3 blade. What I am referring to as a secret is the actual prop models and manufacturers that people are running to achieve their flaunted performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfusion900 View Post
    I am curious on this one too, it seems to be a big secret on what props are fast and what props are great at cornering and acceleration. I mean I know the difference between a 2 vs. 3 blade. What I am referring to as a secret is the actual prop models and manufacturers that people are running to achieve their flaunted performance.
    "Flaunted performance" ....You must be referring to my videos of mine. It's no secret what prop I run to go the speed mine does. It's the dasboata "Supersonic prop" we call it. Hit him up and he will sell you one or put you on the waiting list for one if they are out of stock. dasboata@aol.com is the best way to reach him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHfFIkukKWo&t=64s
    Miss Geico Zelos 36 (103mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Veles 29 (85.2mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), H-King Relentless v2 (43mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17, Atlantic II Tug

Lol.. I dont mean flaunt in a negative way.. sorry if I implied negativity. Also, I dont mean you. You have stated multiple times where urs came from. I inquired to Chris about 2 props for my previously stated intentions. He then sent me an invoice for 110 for 2 props shipped. I'll pay it when I can swallow the sticker shock ( a.k.a. get a prepaid Visa card to hide the purchase from my wife) hopefully this coming week. I guess I am just use to the surface guys who post and share every detail of their builds and specs of parts used. The boating world seems to be more secretive with their setups. Is a "custom prop" made from scratch? Doubt it.. if I had to guess it's a 20.00 prop that been sharpened/balanced maybe polished too? I'm not sure..

Lol...No worries.
    Last edited by MADRCER; 07-21-2019 at 12:19 AM.
    Miss Geico Zelos 36 (103mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Veles 29 (85.2mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), H-King Relentless v2 (43mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17, Atlantic II Tug

The "best" prop for this boat depends entirely on your performance expectations and from the videos I have studied I came to the conclusion that this boat is too over powered and does not perform very well right out of the box without a lot of fine tuning. My preference is to have a setup that allows for fast oval runs on 6s without the boat bouncing or flipping all over the place uncontrollably so I opted for a lower pitch prop in an effort to tame the beast. I wound up using a Grim Racer 42x55 1.3 pitch prop from one of my Revolt 30's and my Sonicwake's been running great without issue all Summer long. It probably isn't hitting 50+mph but a simple prop change turned it into a fun, fast and very stable sport racer.

Its called the Supersonic3 prop from Dasboata! I just ordered one today matter of fact so I can break my personal best with my SONICWAKE PROBOAT.
    My boat is all stock except for a Sonic2 prop swap for my 2nd run to achieve 90kms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Zd-nuxr_o&t=170s

Hi I have a few left in stock , I also stock props that settle this boat down without quite as much speed buy more enjoyable to drive !!!!