Thread: prop copy

Default prop copy

So after years of running my SAW PT 45 Super Sport I have all but given up on my props. Getting an exact copy is almost impossible and when a blade is thrown, I end up chasing all kinds of gremlins.....hop, blow overs at lower speeds and so on until I get it right. Most of the time I find the props are not even identical right out of the package when purchased.
    I have a prop that was perfect and ran 108 mph, then broke a blade as usual after so many runs, so I did my best to copy it but can not for what ever reason.

Who can copy what I have left?
    It's a stainless Prather S235 2 blade

Or what ABC-17 series prop would be close if not the same to a Prather S235 prop seeing they seem to be a better prop from what I am told.
    Last edited by Gary; 06-04-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Marty Davis used to make a prop duplicator, not sure if he still does but worth a try

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you can give me a email at dasboata@aol.com I have 235 in stock

Gary,
    Give me a call, let's talk setup and see what we can come up with. 503 828 8465
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Just got back from Italy so I can call you....just let me know what time is good for you.

Call Brian.
    Cheers, Jay.

All set with Brian !!

Brian, lost your number then realized it's posted on post #5. LOL But..... picked up 6 stainless props and had them cryogenic treated so will see what happens as far as them holding up.
    It had been a few months since I talked to you so I figured you where to busy or there where no ABC props available.

Hi Gary,
    Still haven't received the blanks from ABC. Good luck with the stainless. Do you want me to keep those props on order or cancel it?
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Might as well cancel for now until I see if these treated props hold up. Just waiting to get to the lake.
    Last edited by Gary; 01-08-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Boy what a pain in the arse. Had some blades Cryo treated and began testing...no breakage {that's good } but boat WILL NOT stay on the water and blows off around 90mph every time. Still trying to find the sweet spot for the blade cupping and although I really took the time to copy the first prop, it is not being friendly at all !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Boy what a pain in the arse. Had some blades Cryo treated and began testing...no breakage {that's good } but boat WILL NOT stay on the water and blows off around 90mph every time. Still trying to find the sweet spot for the blade cupping and although I really took the time to copy the first prop, it is not being friendly at all !!!
    Man I hate that!! It’s like WTH!! Everything is same.... WHY??? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    the boat blowing off,,,, is in the trimming of the boat or the boat just don't have it in her ? work with a proven hull for what speeds you are looking to do

It will go 106-108 on average but the prop has to be right on the money and I got really lucky with the first prop I put on for this season.....until it broke !!

OK almost back on track. Took a little more cup out of the prop and she blows off around 103 mph, so real close to where it needs to be. Prop is still holding up well from the Cryo treatment so real happy with that as well. Temps have drop considerably so testing has come to a halt for now.

I just ordered my Dual rudder pickup cooling system for my Sonicwake 36 Proboat, since it tends to run a bit warm with my new Dasboata props! I am looking for that sweet spot 2.
    I was able to get 59MPH no problem w/ my new #Supersonic3prop from Chris Hoffman but I ran out of room in the lake. I could have probably hit around 65mph to 68mph in my opinion which is plenty fast for this boat for me.
    Here is my latest video where I ran out of room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJZLtxhb8Ag&t=76s

OK great news with prop's so far. At least 10 passes and haven"t broke one yet. The Cryogenic treatment looks to be a go !!!

Next time you get your prop how you like it I’d cast it with titanium:)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein