I posted this over on RC groups, but this is probably a better place to get good answers:

I have a background in electric planes planes and quads, and once did a lot of nitro boats. I'm working to convert my old gas/nitro boats to electric and need a bit of help getting started since my brain isn't calibrated to boat electric, only air.

I'd like to hear your recommendations for cheap brushless setups for 2 boats:

48 inch cat that once had a 23cc gas engine and submerged drive. I'm not against moving to surface drive, just never set one up myself.

42 inch heavy wood deep V mono that had a .61 nitro airplane motor with water cooled head and submerged drive.

While I'm still just learning brushless boats, I wanted to start cheap so I ordered ZTW Seal 130a 6S ESC, GoolRC 4074 2000KV with watercooling jacket. I'm hoping to run on 6S but will start with 3S. I may have jumped the gun on this one, but wanted to get something ordered and figured I'd use it somewhere (I have several smaller boats I want to work on in the future).

From my reading the KV on that motor is a bit high, so I'll need to start with a smaller prop, any thoughts?

I don't want speeds over about 40mph since I run in pretty rough water. I would appreciate any thoughts you guys have with the power setup I ordered as well as what else you would suggest. Thanks!

A couple more boats I'm planning on updating in the future:
Rigger that currently has an OPS 60 nitro - This is the only one I care about the speed. Would be nice to get 90mph out of this one.
46 inch fiberglass mono running a OS 60 nitro
38 inch heavy wood deep V mono that has never had a motor.

Thanks for the help!

Jim