Thread: 2 questions one post

Default 2 questions one post

Have a couple of sss 3674 2075kv motors that need new bearings. There on their way as I post this. NMB R-1350ZZ bearing $3.70 each (good price?) Anyways:

Question 1: Is (as well as my aquacraft motors) is how to lubricate the bearings? The way I see it you have to pull the caps off to get to the ball bearings for a good lube job (what to use? I use sewing machine oil). You cannot just drop lubricant on the shaft near the bearing because the lube will never reach the balls (no pun intended) or am I missing something?

Question 2: Motley Crue: Motor OSE's 3660 1620kv, OSE's 150a ECS, Rev 4s 5000Mah, X445 (dashbota prop) Hell of a time getting on plane and top speed guessing about 35 to 40 mph (no gps, but it seems slow) After 4 min run temps were 100deg. or under. Boat did not run wet (what I perceived as wet anyways) should I change motors to a higher kv and stay at 4s? or stay with the 1620kv and up the prop a bit (still at 4s)
    Then it may seem to be harder to get on plane but more speed in the long run. "quandaries" I'm lost on this.

Not looking for all out speed, just like to competitive in p-class this year or next. Although I read "can" length now is 58mm in the local club.

Hope you'all understand my English lol

JC

I have unseized, seized motor by putting oil on the bearing from the out side by the shaft output, leaving soak for a few minutes and slowly rotating shaft with a players.

I said that to make the point that bearings can be lubricated by putting oil on the out side.

To the second question increasing the kV can increase the speed. But it should be noted that a higher kV will increase the ampdraw if using the same prop.