Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Geico 36 zelos

PM sent to OP

Update on Geico 36 - Horizon has approved a full warranty replacement!!

Absolutely incredible customer service. Boat is in stock at the local Hobbytown all I have to do is pick up the replacement.

I have purposely tried to support my last standing Hobbyshop in the area vs online and I think they appreciate that.

I'm still not sure sure what caused the failure but believe the flex shaft failed causing the crash. I will lube the new shafts before the next maiden.
    Last edited by Dalley; 08-04-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Horizon definitely has great customer service. I had an issue with one of the struts on my zelos 36 that caused the boat to hook left hard at wide open throttle and smash into the shore. The zelos 36 is now out of stock so they replaced the boat with the geico version for a $100 fee. I wanted the original model back and requested they rebuild it with a new hull, but apparently the original bulls are not available either.

Got the replacement. 66.5mph with batteries (6s1p) 90C 2/3 forward. I'm about out of lake but I think I will still get upgraded props.
    Temp about 115 on the motors and esc's.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    The hull seam has been reinforced around the entire perimeter. Rafael Lopez ran his onto shore at full speed and only suffered a hairline crack across the front bridge. That hull was a preproduction model that did not have as much reinforcement as the production hull does.

Modifications and upgrades include:
    MR4000 receiver for longer range
    Extended motor mounts with rear support that can also accept 40mm motors
    Revised ESC's with larger cap banks & better cooling
    ABC 1716 style Props
    Water exits now out the top
    Sonicwake 3674 motors
    Extended struts with support brackets, makes the boat much more stable at speed
    "Lots and lots of hull reinforcement too"
    What did you use for the extended struts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zelos View Post
    What did you use for the extended struts?
    I didn't use anything. That was a list of improvements/changes made by Proboat between the original Zelos 36 Twin and the new Miss Geico Twin
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I didn't use anything. That was a list of improvements/changes made by Proboat between the original Zelos 36 Twin and the new Miss Geico Twin

Lots and lots of hull reinforcement too.

Quote Originally Posted by prepered View Post
    Lots and lots of hull reinforcement too.
    That was a direct quote from the manufacturer at the time of release. The initial shipment of hulls seemed to prove otherwise.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I see. Is there any video you recommend for a carbon /kev inlay? I have started reinforcements. As you can see a battery tray mount failed

At the very least, drill holes in the middle of that loose tab, and chip away the old epoxy around the edges. You'll get more surface area and a stronger bond when you reattach it to the hull with new epoxy

At the very least, drill holes in the middle of that loose tab, and chip away the old epoxy around the edges. You'll get more surface area and a stronger bond when you reattach it to the hull with new epoxy
    Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by jhurlbert View Post
    Just got this boat and so far its sweet. Only thing i have noticed is the same thing that’s happening to my sonicwake, the wires from the esc to motor heat up enough to make the shrink wrap stick together. Im running both boats on 6s. Four batteries in the geico

Also just ordered a couple of sets of some new doctor props 643/3 props
    How do those DrProps 643/3's work with your Miss G boat? I have same boat. I am eyeing them as a set, but worry about size, motor/battery heat and etc...please let me know good or bad. Thanks, Mike
    Been Smashing RC Throttles since 1997

Well i like them so far after about 3 runs. I have not made to many top speed passes because i flipped it to many times with stock props (i then trimmed it all the way down and haven't trimmed it back up at all sense. Im a little scared.) i don't think you will be disappointed. Just makes a month or two to get the props. But they are sweet. Mirror finish!

Call me crazy, but now I'm thinking about getting one. My first FE was a 'debate' between the ProBoat SonicWake, and the TFL Pursuit. Since the SonicWake was immediately available, that's what I ordered (from Steve). It's a fantastic boat to learn on, and now I'm ready for my second FE (preferably something that's racing-capable. For this, it's been between the Pursuit, and the ProMarine Phantom SV33...unfortunately, neither is currently available, with the SV33 being a "who knows when it'll be available" situation.

Anyway, I'm visiting family in Vegas right now, and, before leaving the SF Bay Area, I found out about an RC lake near the airport, so, I thought I'd stop there before heading to my parents house. When I arrived, there was a guy running his Miss Geico...and, it was running very nicely. When he brought it in, I checked it out. Come to find out, he had just picked it up the day before, and this was his first time running it...and, he couldn't have been happier.

While it probably won't be my 2nd FE (tho, if obtaining either the Pursuit, or SV33, proves 'impossible', that could change), but I'm fairly confident it'll be my 3rd, or 4th.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123