Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Geico 36 zelos

Video of hull strengthening tips from new geico owner. Very good!

https://youtu.be/4BCDO_oHPMU
    Last edited by gohan; 06-05-2019 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Video

https://youtu.be/tcJR6DmZ0tc
    Not good so far, another video shows more flex in the new one compared to the old one

Just got this boat and so far its sweet. Only thing i have noticed is the same thing that’s happening to my sonicwake, the wires from the esc to motor heat up enough to make the shrink wrap stick together. Im running both boats on 6s. Four batteries in the geico

Also just ordered a couple of sets of some new doctor props 643/3 props
    Last edited by jhurlbert; 06-16-2019 at 07:19 PM.

It's a sweet boat, can't wait to see some videos

Destroyed my hull today. Hit a parked boat at like 40. Saved it before it sank. Theres 350 down the drain

Quote Originally Posted by jhurlbert View Post
    Destroyed my hull today. Hit a parked boat at like 40. Saved it before it sank. Theres 350 down the drain
    Any Pictures, or a video .Just want to see how the hull held up , sorry... 😕

58354534315__2593C43F-CD8C-4269-94C9-3EEBFFC65AA1 (3).jpg LF impact. whole nose just caved right in. no fixing that

Crashes suck for sure. Happens sometimes in congested areas.

Here is a mediocre vid of mine today. Not a bad boat, given my current battery situation.

https://youtu.be/iXOg1VxyCVY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jhurlbert
    Wow! That sucks! I hope U get her back running !

Ran mine today,bone stock-got 81 mph.Excellent and beginner friendly boat.
    Had a very relaxing driving experience-good job Proboat+Mr Lopez!

https://youtu.be/rXThMlcLY1o

Taped it all up today. Took her for a couple runs and flipped it. I then noticed my batterie tray came loose. Idk if it was from the accident or from when i flipped it.

It looks like this tray is glued and screwed. I wonder what kind of glue and when do you screw it when installing a new one? I have a new hull on order... i should prob order a new battery tray. Idk if i can get the old glue off the old one or just leave it on and epoxy the remaining glue down ehh... i would like to know how to properly install a battery tray to one of these hulls

The tray for electronics and batts is one piece fixed with 8 screws to the hull,if not cracked you can reuse it in the new hull.

There definitely is like at least an 1/8” thick layer of glue between the hull and tray.The screws dont go into the hull they only go into the glue.

I dont think im going to be able to get the old glue off the bottom of the tray so i ordered a new tray for my new hull.

Now i wonder whats the process of installing a new tray?

Strange,4 metal plates are glued into that hull-check this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJR6DmZ0tc

maybe yours became loose due to the crash ..

Ok cool. Ya i didn't know about the metal plates because i haven't taken it apart yet. I was just looking with the tray still in the boat. 3 out of the 4 plates came un glued.

So i was running my boat today and my rudder stuck hard to one side. I have been getting water in my broken hull when i run the boat. I have it drying out right now to see if that makes a difference. Somethings probably shorting.

Any clue what?

The one and only time I had this situation (not this boat)...I was getting water in my receiver. When i placed a balloon over the receiver it fixed the situation. Good luck.

Just swapped receivers with my sonicwake. The problem didn't follow. So its the servo that is the problem.

I spray everything with CorrosionX and never have issues. It’s great stuff. Back in my nitro days the fuel would eat balloons so I had to get another solution. Been using that stuff ever since.

Does anyone recommend an upgrade servo? I have no clue what to get other than the stock one witch i guess isn't the greatest. What size and connector type, i guess the stock one in analog..
    Last edited by jhurlbert; 07-03-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jhurlbert View Post
    Does anyone recommend an upgrade servo? I have no clue what to get other than the stock one witch i guess isn't the greatest. What size and connector type, i guess the stock one in analog..
    Anything with metal gears that has the same torque spec as the stock servo. Preferably waterproof so you don’t have to waterproof it yourself

Would this work?

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=hh-hs-646wp

Ose product id hh-hs-646wp

Or this
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=pow-dw-25lv

Ose product id pow-dw-25lv
    Last edited by jhurlbert; 07-03-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Either one should be fine

How did the 643/3 props do? I have a set of abc 2016/3 cut to 43mm by Chris imma try with my zelos when I get the inlay in

Default New Geico destroyed

Just purchased Sunday. New Geico 36. (2) 6s1p 45c

Boat was incredibly fast. 2nd run. Flipped at full throttle. Got it to shore and the right flex shaft was broken.

Brought home and put it on the bench to measure and order replacement. I then noticed the deck and hull seam damage, also the chipped sponson. I think torque broke the flex shaft causing the boat to flip at ~75mph
    causing the 6S batts to stress break boat at impact. I did not upload pic but the opposite sponson is cracked also.

I will call Horizon tomorrow but I am afraid they will claim I hit something. I do not think I did as there are no visible signs of impact. Either the prop,sponson or rudder. Anyone have an opinion as to the cause? I think the flex shaft broke causing it to flip.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

A number of these initial run hulls have already been replaced under warranty for damage very similar to yours. I don't think you have much to worry about.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Ok thanks I go with Horizon on alot of models because their customer service is excellent. Another question is that as I am new to current FE's capable of +75mph. Should I expect regardless of of make if it flips at speed should I expect to have major damage?

I am very interested in a Zonda also, will it be an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalley View Post
    Ok thanks I go with Horizon on alot of models because their customer service is excellent. Another question is that as I am new to current FE's capable of +75mph. Should I expect regardless of of make if it flips at speed should I expect to have major damage?

I am very interested in a Zonda also, will it be an issue?
    Yes, Anything running that speed is very capable of sustaining damage.

Agreed, things get real when you start flipping and crashing at 70+ MPH. TFL builds a nice hull. The carbon Zonda's are light, but thin and benefit from some reinforcement if all out speed is your goal. The fiberglass version with the carbon/kevlar inlay can still split at the seams. I've seen pictures of that particular hull with air pressure blowout type damage and the inlay just pulled away from the split seam. If you want to go fast, repeatedly, build your boat accordingly.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast