Thread: Do you know DOCTORPROPS ?

Exclamation Do you know DOCTORPROPS ?

Awesome. Everybody loves them. Limited selection but getting better. Expensive and 6 weeks wait but RTR too. Still working up the nerve to buy some. I guess you need to be quite certain about what you want?? He does have an exchange policy.

Not personally, but I have spoken to him online and about half my local boat racers use his props. For Naviga racing at least, they are the best out there. I would happily swap my box of 40 or so Octuras for a dozen DrProps.

I only see 2 things wrong with them the price is rather high if you are used to working on your own props and they are made in batches to order so sometimes you can wait a long time for your prop to be made.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    I think it will not works with your DrMadtrust !

Great props and reasonable prices. Drawback is time. Shipping from the Ukraine can take 2 months and he doesn't stock every prop so you may have to wait longer for production time. Once you get them worth the wait.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Well I have just been waiting quite a while again and my wife already got nervous as the new props were ment to be her birthday present for me...
    (The new strategy of hers: "I don't know your boats, ... why don't you arrange your birthday present yourself!")

I already have them in a different size and again it was worth waiting. These are the only props that I had so far, that are really RTR - also up to high rpm.
    They are not just shiny, they are not just sharp but they are also ballanced.
    When you spin propellers up to 50+k you usually have oszilations. Buying RTR propellers I usually had to rework them so finally I gave up buying RTR.
    I did not have to rework the propellers I received from him. Perfect finish and no issues with oszilations right out of the box! Great!
    Additionally his props are made of a very durable steel so they really withstand high loads! Aluminium Pops for example don't work for most of my boats anymore...
    Eike

I haven't seen a lot of these but one on the ones I've seen the craftsmanship is outrageous.

Finding just the right thing might be tougher only because he doesn't have a huge selection. So far at least.
    Noisy person

Definately.
    On all other props there are a few cavities from casting. They are small, usually not really important but they are visible in the finished surface and definately also existing in the structure.
    I have not seen any on my props. Visually this is definately nice but also structurally this gives confidence, that these props will really withstand very high rpm.

To be honest - I am not really a friend of berillium copper. Structually copper alone will not work but there definately is a health issue when working on these Berillium props and all the topics about high temperature treatment, ...
    It is just nicer not having to take care of that... just for a little bit more stability, which is still much less then these steel props can withstand.
    Eike

God forbid you blow a drive shaft with those. They'd make expensive fishing weights. Trying to custom order some SAW V900 1.9P 53mm 3 blades from him. We'll see what happens.

Please report on the custom solution (availability and price).
    Having the design available should be something like having the script for the design so different Diameters should be no big issue. On my last order I waited 2+ month anyway

Have you also asked whether he would do custom versions with modified pitch as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    Good for show !!! I'd clean up those burrs

There is down side to stainless too. It's really tough to make a modification should you decide it's necessary. This was true of the Propshop blades too.
    Noisy person

DoctorProps replied to my email and said he could custom make the 53mm 1.9 pitch SAW V900 props but said it wouldn't be until October which is to be expected. Not sure on pricing hoping they will be in the same price range as the others ~$57

I have ordered several props from Alex. Good price, service and attitude. I takes a little while to get. But coming from a war torn country still under economic siege what can you expect.

DoctorProps are high quality and he doesn?t have any attitude if you ask questions because you are uncertain on what you should order.

I ordered a 440/3 blade for my Sonicwake 2 years ago and it was one of the highest quality props I have ever owned in terms of craftsmanship.
    I sincerely hope he is doing okay given the current circumstances in the Ukraine.

Alex is still cranking out props that make it hard to accept the inconsistent crap that is being put out over here., I have stayed in touch with him and he has been shipping props throughout the Russian invasion. Ironically, the shipping time is quicker now than before the conflict.

Thanks Marley, Glad to hear Alex is doing okay. I am truly saddened by what is happening to the Ukrainian people and hope the war ends soon in their favor.