Hello all,

I wanted to see if anyone has seen or personally used a amp meter with an XL-X esc before. There is a strong feeling that the amperage ratings within the XL-X data logs are way off.

A little back ground on this... I run on-road RC cars. (I come here for great electronics advice)
I ran the XLX on 8s datalogs showed around 350 amps (forgot to save the log so I cant post it)
I then ran the exact same setup with the HobbyWing Max5 8s (rated at 200amps cont) and the speed was within 1% of the run using the XL-X

I cam across this video comparing the Castle MM-x and the XL-X where he is alluding to the same possibility of amp ratings that are nearly imaginary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oBp0_AELmI&t=842s

Around 10:00 he reviews the logs for the MMX and around 13:00 the XL-X logs.

Please don't get me wrong on my intensions here, I love castle products due to the tuning and data log detail. In this scenario I am trying to build a high power project and need some accurate numbers to make the best decision. If the XL-X on software V1.78 is not cranking out over 350 amps I will have to choose a different ESC. (most likely a 12s or 14s option as the goal is around 11kW under load considering voltage drop)