Thread: Mtronics Viper Marine ESC Problem

Default Mtronics Viper Marine ESC Problem

I have a Viper Marine 25A reversible ESC for a brushed DC motor. It worked fine until I went through the calibration routine. After that the ESC did not output any power to the motor. I could repeat the calibration routine and is went as specified in the manual, but the ESC no longer powers the motor. I have the same model ESC purchased last year and it does not have this problem. The motor is well matched to the ESC and the device never got hot. Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone suggest a fix?

How do you setup this esc ? with a potentiometer ?

This ESC is for brushed DC motors. Two lines to the motor, two lines to the battery and three lines (signal, GND, +5V) to the receiver. If you receiver is already powered then the +5V line from the ESC must be cut. There is a calibration pushbutton and a red and green LED. When the ESC is powered-up the 2 LEDs will blink for a short period of time. If you push the button during the blinking then the ESC will go into calibration mode. For this simply move the stick on your transmitter from neutral to the extremem in one direction and then back to neutral. Then move the stick to the opposite extreme. That completes the calibration and the ESC should then simply work. The problem is that once the calibration is complete the ESC no longer outputs power to the motor, regardless of the transmitter stick position. The ESC does not get hot or even warm, it simply does not output power. I had 8 newly purchased ESCs (for a class I teach) and 5 of them showed this problem.