Thread: FT012 Reversed and running very fast.

Default FT012 Reversed and running very fast.

New boat, it seems transmitter is reversed for motor.

I swapped blue and red wire to motor.

Direction corrected, boat run super fast. 4 minutes totally drained battery. Usually 6 minutes leaves 40-50%.

Have switched transmitters with other FT012 and direction is ok. Have not tested in lake just yet.

Seems damn odd......the extra speed. Is reverse hopped up on boats?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool

The transmitter had nothing to do with the boat’s direction, that was done by the speed controller. The speed controller was telling the motor to go forward, but the crossed wires just scrambled the signal from the ESC to the motor. The motor is a dumb animal, it just does what it’s told and eats when it’s hungry.

While it is not possible to know now, the probable cause of the increase in speed was due to the first boat’s controller being defective and not giving full throttle to the motor. More speed means more watts, a higher amp draw, and reduced run time.

I am curious how you know the speed and run time if you haven't run the boat in the lake yet....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Boat was brand new, transmitter seems to have been backwards.

I reversed red and blue and direction was correct. Fast as hell.

I had old transmitter from dead Ft012, when I bound it to new boat and put wires back to normal between ESC and Motor both runs fine.

I had not tested after changing to second transmitter.

Just did some test runs. Seems normal speed now.

I am baffled how transmitter could cause this increase in speed.

Is it possible I doubled Amps by reversing wires?

Everything I know about RC and DC electronics says this is impossible!

Same ESC....

I get reversed.

I do not get what seemed to be doubling voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    ......... The motor is a dumb animal, it just does what it’s told and eats when it’s hungry.

There are several threads here and on RC Groups about this boat. Some addressing the water intrusion problem. The inside seam where the deck meets the hull at the transom is frequently the location of the water intrusion issue. Some silicone sealant usually solves that problem. Another person had the ESC improperly programmed in his brand-new boat. Normally, in the "reverse" mode, the ESC provides reduced power so backing up is controllable, while providing full power in "forward" mode. One buyer had full power in reverse and reduced power in forward. He had to re-wire the throttle potentiometer in the transmitter (like installing a servo reversing switch) and then switch two of the motor wires to change the motor direction. I'm sure the ESC could have been re-programmed with all those series of beeps at startup, but who knows the sequence?

There are a number of threads on how to improve the durability and drive-ability of this little boat as well. Do some research and you will find a ton of information out there.
    A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves

I have read and watched the things you mentioned.

My inclination is to just use better radio set and upgrade ESC to something programmable.

Cheap electronics obviously does weird things!