Thread: These: Stringer drive placement

Default These: Stringer drive placement

Default Stinger drive placement
    On every catamaran build I see and read about, the idea is to mount the stingers in a twin as close to the inside bottom of the sponsons as possible. Now I've also seen on some RTR and ARTR cats, stingers mounted in the center of the sponsons, resulting in a perfectly straight driveline. I have a HK Flowmaster which is set up this way. I have also seen this boat and others set up the same way doing 90mph. So, is it really critical to have the drives tucked into the very inside corners of the sponsons or not?

I realize this is an old thread but I have the same question and no one reponded to the original post. I’m about to start a new build on a FighterCat Shocker I purchased last fall. The hull is untouched with the exception of extra CF inlay(no holes or mounts added). This being my first build, l’ve been searching the archives for information on building twin cats. I thought I have come a cross this before but didn’t write it down, it even had a diagram if I remember correctly. Very shortly I plan on starting a build thread, not so much to tell or show “how to do it”, but to build it useing the advise of those.who have done it before. When it comes to putting holes and epoxying things in a carbon fiber hull I want to be sure I do it right the first time. Thanks for your response and watch for the new thread. Ron L
    Last edited by rlandenb; 05-03-2019 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Spelling