Thread: Fixing to pull the trigger on a Veles 29 , any suggestions on mild mods ?

Default Fixing to pull the trigger on a Veles 29 , any suggestions on mild mods ?

Pretty new to rc boats . Just need a little advice from you experienced guys . Which Dasboata Prop ? Which flexcable do you recommend as I've heard of the issues with the stock one . What other mods ? Don't care about getting the last oz of speed out of it , just want a fairly reliable setup I can enjoy . Thank you Franz

Hey, I'll just tell you what I've done to my Veles. I started with a upgraded flex shaft form OSE. ( OSE upgraded ProBoat Veles Cable | Offshore Electrics ). Upgraded servo but required some fitting of the mounts. ( Spektrum S6250 Standard Digital HV High Torque Metal Gear Waterproof Surface Servo | Tower Hobbies ). I also hear that a Savox 1210 SG works nicely. The las thing I did was put a sharpened and balanced prop on. I choose the Octura X442 sharpened and balanced (OSE sells it) because it mimics the smaller prop Proboat recommends when running 6S. You may also want to look at your strut setup to get better boat characteristics.

Definitely get an upgraded cable so you don't have to worry about losing the prop out the back end. An Octura 642 is a pretty good prop for 6S on that boat.

That hull likes to roll over when turning at slower speeds, so have a retrieval system at the ready as you're getting used to it.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)