Thread: New Record for records.

Default New Record for records.

My son Jay and I drove all night Tuesday and arrived in Huntsville at 7 am Wednesday. By 11am Thursday we were back on the road home (800 miles) to S, Florida. 28 hours (13 on the water) and Jay set 8 FE 2 lap records. Chargers were buzzing. Not much time to rerun and lower, as we were busy in the rotation till water got rough.
    N-2 Cat Delta Force 27 (cut down 28)
    P limited Cat - Delta Force 27
    P Cat - Delta Force 28
    Q -S & T Cats old nitro Aeromarine 36"
    S and T mono Delta Force 39
    Dr Props on the N-P cats and one Sholund ABC on the rest. AQ2030 on the limited and TP motors all the way.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Quote Originally Posted by HTVboats View Post
    My son Jay and I drove all night Tuesday and arrived in Huntsville at 7 am Wednesday. By 11am Thursday we were back on the road home (800 miles) to S, Florida. 28 hours (13 on the water) and Jay set 8 FE 2 lap records. Chargers were buzzing. Not much time to rerun and lower, as we were busy in the rotation till water got rough.
    N-2 Cat Delta Force 27 (cut down 28)
    P limited Cat - Delta Force 27
    P Cat - Delta Force 28
    Q -S & T Cats old nitro Aeromarine 36"
    S and T mono Delta Force 39
    Dr Props on the N-P cats and one Sholund ABC on the rest. AQ2030 on the limited and TP motors all the way.
    Mic
    Very nice. what were the mph numbers?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

To be honest MPH is not the goal for 2 lap records so I have no idea. As for times again the exact numbers will be published but we lowered some between 3 and 5 seconds. We pretty much went from boat to boat changing batteries and motors and re-greasing shafts. In prior testing the P limited probably topped out at 52 mph and the S and T setups may have hit 70 in the straights. I think the S mono was best and better than our IMPBA mark with a low 22 second run. These boats were all heat raced at the Florida FE Champs no dedicated time trial boats. That little DF28 cat is a bargain for P limited class. We had to use an old AQ2030 to be legal but I will tell you a simple 3660 Leopard runs 3 faster on that hull.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

I mixed up the oval event for a straight line, sorry! But Thanks for the extra info!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Wow, that's awesome! Nice work, both of you.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Cool

Were these IMPBA records, or NAMBA records? I assume NAMBA for Limited classes, but this event sanctioned both organizations.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Only did the NAMBA records as we have all the same records in IMPBA. (minus P limited) Just something we have been working at for a while and watched the weather and all the stars lined up. Remember you are called a record holder as it will be broken in the future by someone else. You don't own them just kind of rent them
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Yep, most all the records I’ve held have been broken. That’s what records are made to be......

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Great stuff, it can be busy trying to break a number of records in one day.
    Way down here in NZ, we had a 2-lap/100m speed run day on Saturday. I broke 3 2-lap records, (that is a total of 6 already this year), and set 8 100M records.
    The speed runs were soft to be fair as they are new and I was the first to run them, , so wasn't pushing for high speeds, just run this way and back to set a record. I am going after winning the Presidents Cup this year. I have a real shot at winning it with already near 900 points and another 2-lap and speed run day in August, two oval regattas and a couple of offshore regattas to earn points in.
    My best record break is Q-hydro where I took over a second off that down to 28.3 something. Bearing in mind our oval is slightly bigger than what you run I believe with 100M straights and 15M radius.
    Sunday we had an hydrofest oval regatta, and I cleaned up open electric, but took out open hydro as well with my Q hydro, and second overall. What is impressive in that, is my Q hydro is an 8255 hull, 10% smaller than 1/8 so a full bodied hydro, and I was racing against mod petrol sport hydros and riggers!
    Part of what makes this hobby/sport fun, a great weekends racing with like minded guys, and bonusing with some wins!
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Congrats Jay and Mic,
    I think most of the those records were mine from Legg Lake.
    Looks like I will have to put the hydro's away and get the mono and cat back out.
    Breaking records and having competition makes it all worth the effort.

Hopefully see you guys back in Huntsville or Valdosta for the next record trials.

-Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Thanks Tyler,
    Huntsville was a last minute decision as we saw the weather was going to be good. Been there before 800 miles to watch the waves. Nipping any of your records is an accomplishment. Funny you say hydro's away as were building a couple for Valdosta. Learning curve there for sure. Good fun!
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Yeah, the weather is always a crap shoot at any event even Legg Lake where 99 out of 100 days it's sunny and nice.
    It's great when you can run all day and never have a break from charging-taping-running-untaping-switching boats and repeat.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

We need a 2 lap event on west coast