Thread: Mamba XLX, Eliminate BEC and Aux cable questions

Default Mamba XLX, Eliminate BEC and Aux cable questions

What is the reason for not using esc onboard BEC's? Is it because of the additional heat load put on the ESC itself?
    Thanks

I have a Mamba XLX that I converted to water cooling, is it ok to disconnect the middle red wire on the rx cable and run a separate battery pack?
    One more question, it says that the "aux" cable from the esc must be connected to an unused channel, why is that?

Yes, the BEC circuit drives a fair amount of heat into the control board. It also is a weak link in the design so there is a risk you burn out the BEC circuit, but the controller is otherwise fine.
    It's advisable to pull the middle wire out of the plug and cover it and run a separate battery pack. Don't cut the middle wire, you will need it for programming and data retrieval.
    If you are using a servo extension lead to connect the XLX to your receiver, I recommend pulling the middle wire from the extension lead and leaving the middle wire in the castle pigtail. This makes it easy to split the connection between the Castle pigtail and extension to connection your Castle link.

The Aux wire is for additional tuning functions, mostly used in cars. For example changing the accel setting or brake strength.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Thanks for the reply. I am not using an extension lead, so I will cut the middle wire and install a small connector to allow reconnection when needed.
    Does the aux wire need to be connected all the time if used in boat applications?

Don't cut the middle wire, just use a small exacto tip to lift the retention clip in the connector body and pull the red wire and socket out. Fold it back against the other wires and tape it there.
    The Aux wire does not need to be connected.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Got it...Thank you sir

Delete. Got the answer.
    Last edited by BUMBLESPECIMOODA; 01-25-2024 at 02:46 PM.