Thread: Aquacraft 60 amp esc LVC cutting in way to early

Default Aquacraft 60 amp esc LVC cutting in way to early

I have a Motley Crew with an Aquacraft 60 amp esc. The ESC is hitting LVC way to early. The batteries are still at 7.6v each or 15.2v total. The manual says LVC is at 12v. What gives? Is there a way to reset this thing? I am getting about 2 minutes of run before it burps and then 20 seconds later LVC.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Remember the LVC will kick in under load. Your batteries may be resting at 15.2V without load, but when load is applied they can drop to 12V.
    What batteries are you running and what capacity are they?
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    Remember the LVC will kick in under load. Your batteries may be resting at 15.2V without load, but when load is applied they can drop to 12V.
    What batteries are you running and what capacity are they?

It quit working altogether. I think it was just dying.

Yeah I know that it will drop under load and can hit LVC sometimes but this was really high. It just completely died so I ordered a new 120a. No reason to stay at 4s now. I am going to start out at 4s again and do a speed run and record it and then see what I get on 6s.

You need to answer Tyler's question.
    "What batteries are you running, & what capacity are they?" But also what C rating.
    If the batteries are too low in capacity or C rating they will have a large voltage sag under load & hit the LVC .

I wouldn't run that ESC on 6s. It is only rated to 20 Volts. A fully charged 6s pack is 25 Volts. You will kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    You need to answer Tyler's question.
    "What batteries are you running, & what capacity are they?" But also what C rating.
    If the batteries are too low in capacity or C rating they will have a large voltage sag under load & hit the LVC .

I wouldn't run that ESC on 6s. It is only rated to 20 Volts. A fully charged 6s pack is 25 Volts. You will kill it.
    Answering isn't necessary. The ESC quit working. I didn't run it on 6s. I ordered a new 120 amp esc for 6s.

The OP asked for help. The other posters are trying to assist the OP. The OP doesn't seem to want to accept their help. (Then why did he ask for help?)

Actually, answering is not only polite, it may also help to answer the question as to why his original ESC quit. But hey, it’s his money.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for