Thread: Two 6 mm connectors in place of one 8 mm?

Default Two 6 mm connectors in place of one 8 mm?

Most of my setup use 6 mm connectors between the esc and motor. I am going for the bigger 40 mm motor (mine are 28 and 36 mm) which calls for the 8 mm connectors.

Since I have plenty of the 6 mm ones, my question is,” Can I just use 2 of the 6 mm in place of one 8 mm by splitting the wire end into 2 and solder 2 of 6 mm connectors.”

Sure you can. Is it a good idea? Probably not, the extra wire and added solder joints will increase resistance and potential failure points in a high amp draw application. Will you notice a difference? Depends. If you need the high amp capacity of an 8mm in the first place, I recommend getting more 8mm and sell the smaller ones.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I dont know if it is possible to overload 6mm bullets with a 40 mm motor ? I have been using AS150 antispark,(7mm) for years. They are rated 150A, but have no problem at all with "burst" of around 300 A.

I never “just use what I have” just because I have it. If it’s not the correct thing, I order and use the correct thing. After all, it’s the correct thing to do.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I never “just use what I have” just because I have it. If it’s not the correct thing, I order and use the correct thing. After all, it’s the correct thing to do.
    Correct.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thank you for your reply. I will stick with just ONE 6 mm then.