Thread: An Unexpected Success

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Oh Great.........

I spent a whole lot of time and effort researching and designing geardrives because I could no longer find a 2030 inrunner with the appropriate Kv. Well, in addition to designing all the stuff to make the gear drive assembly, I've also been searching for that elusive 2030 motor with a usable Kv all over the 'Net.

Lo and behold, and shortly after finishing up the design and placement of all the geardrive parts on a sheet of 1/16" ply, I stumbled upon a source of cheap, readily available 2030 motors with Kvs of 2900, 3100, 3300, 3600, 3900 and higher. Duh! (See: https://www.rcecho.com/Brushless-Mot...or/?sort=price)

Now what?? I'll still build the geardrive for Prototype #5 (because I can) and test it against the other motors I have selected. I still have foam cut for another hull, plus the styrene, laser-cut parts, drive shafts, rudders, servos and all the other assorted parts to build prototype #6. I will hold off on building #6 until I have more data on Prototypes #2 through #5. I've spent a lot of time making the hull on #5 smooth and shiny. #6 will be a quick-and-dirty test-bed and as such may look a bit "Ragged" when compared to the others. The hull shape (no non-trips, symmetric non-trips, or asymmetric non-trips) will be based on testing of the earlier prototypes.

After all that is completed and I have an optimized design based on real world testing of all the prototypes, I'll build the "FINAL ONE". That will give me a fleet of 6 single-steppers that all fit into a keyboard case for easy transport and storage.

Then I'll get back to other languishing projects.
    Last edited by Dr. Jet; 01-17-2020 at 12:47 PM.
    A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves