Thread: Pro Boat Prop Size's

Default Pro Boat Prop Size's

Hey Gang,
    Picked up a Pro Boat Stealthwake 23 couple days ago - manual says it has a 1.6 x 1.6 prop - my Shockwave 26v3 came with a 1.6 x 2.5 - what the heck do those numbers mean??

I'm at Pro Boat's website checking out props, all of them use a similar numbering scheme..

1.4" x 1.18", 1.6 x 1.77, 1.40 x 1.90, 1.4 x 2.05 - the list goes on.

I want to put a metal prop on the boat (SW23), but don't know what Octura size to get.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast
    Pro Boat SW26v3 - 2860-2600kv + Seaking(V2) 90A on 3S, Build in Progress
    Pro Boat Stealthwake 23 - Stock For Now - Brushless Down The Road

yeah i get rather confused sometimes myself .

1.6 inches =40.64mm so its a almost 41mm prop .across the length . you can use google to get the conversion .so i would guess a 1.6x1.6 would = a 4016 prop .40mm x 1.6 pitch . well its almost 41mm but you get the idea .

someone smarter then me should come along soon .

the 1.6 x1.77 would be

1.77=43mm so that would be a 43m x 1.6 pitch prop .so a 4416 prop would be a bump up upgrade .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

So lets call it a 1616 1.6" diameter X 1.6 pitch ratio, so you take the 1.6' diameter & times it by the 1.6 pitch ratio and you get the 2.56 pitch same way most ABC props I carry the 1616 and I bet I can put 5-7 MPH over what you get from the stock prop

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    So lets call it a 1616 1.6" diameter X 1.6 pitch ratio, so you take the 1.6' diameter & times it by the 1.6 pitch ratio and you get the 2.56 pitch same way most ABC props I carry the 1616 and I bet I can put 5-7 MPH over what you get from the stock prop
    Aren't the Veles and UL-19 hydro running a stainless version of an ABC prop?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Aren't the Veles and UL-19 hydro running a stainless version of an ABC prop?
    yes but with any copies of props there is a certain amount of shrinkage so always best to buy the original castings

Thank you. Very nice to know.
    Nortavlag Bulc

At the expense of sounding condescending, you do realize we're talking about a boat with a brushed motor?? https://www.horizonhobby.com/boats/e...eep-v-prb08015 - like any other boat with a brushed motor, they're [top] speed is going to be limited in large part by the motor.

I plan to upgrade to brushless once I receive the replacement driveshaft from HH support (original one is bent) then what?? Will the 1616 still be the right size??

Plastic props are fragile & break easy, but you already knew that. I have some CNC'ed aluminum props on hand.. x438, x440, x442, x443. The x440 looked closest to stock prop so that's the way I went; for now.

But I just had to know for sure, that's why I started this thread.

In addition to prop(s) for the Stealthwake, I need a couple x432 metal props for my MiniMono.
    Started with x430 FRP, bit of a lag before getting on plane. Then x431 (AQ blue prop) better but.. Next was x432 FRP - PERFECT!
    AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast

Quote Originally Posted by RCBoaterGuy View Post
    At the expense of sounding condescending, you do realize we're talking about a boat with a brushed motor?? https://www.horizonhobby.com/boats/e...eep-v-prb08015 - like any other boat with a brushed motor, they're [top] speed is going to be limited in large part by the motor.

I plan to upgrade to brushless once I receive the replacement driveshaft from HH support (original one is bent) then what?? Will the 1616 still be the right size??

Plastic props are fragile & break easy, but you already knew that. I have some CNC'ed aluminum props on hand.. x438, x440, x442, x443. The x440 looked closest to stock prop so that's the way I went; for now.

But I just had to know for sure, that's why I started this thread.

In addition to prop(s) for the Stealthwake, I need a couple x432 metal props for my MiniMono.
    Started with x430 FRP, bit of a lag before getting on plane. Then x431 (AQ blue prop) better but.. Next was x432 FRP - PERFECT!
    LOL did not realize at all but I guarantee you it will be faster sound like the 1616 will be way to big thou !!!
    Last edited by dasboata; 04-03-2019 at 10:34 PM.

The problem with trying to make a Stealthwake faster is the solid driveshaft offers no trim adjustment and puts the prop at a pretty negative angle, which force the bow of the boat down into the water, slowing it down. This becomes even more noticeable the faster the boat goes, whether it's from more voltage, a new motor, a bigger prop, or all of the above. It's a pretty easy boat to modify and install a traditional flex cable and adjustable strut system to improve the ride attitude. There are several threads about converting it to brushless along with a flex cable.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

LOL did not realize at all but I guarantee you it will be faster sound like the 1616 will be way to big thou !!!
    Let's try this again (dam crashing computers)..
    In fairness to you, Pro Boat has two 1.6 x 1.6 props.. #1 is 1/8" bore used only by the Stealthwake 23.

#2 has a 3/16" (4mm ?) bore & is used by the BJ24, SW26 (Green Meany) & the Recoil 26 - all of which are brushless from the factory - thus much more performance oriented. Maybe one these were what you were thinking of

Steve (OSE store) sells a CNC aluminum x442 along with other hop-ups for the BJ24. Total pitch on the x442 is considerably less than the 1616's - both flavors. I found a ABC prop guide & spent some time reading through it; found info on the two 1616's.

I did manage to get a run in, stock configuration except for a CNC x440 aluminum prop. Performance was dismal & that's being nice about it. Noticeable lag / bog getting on plane.

To be expected with a brushed motor running on a 2400mAh NiMH pack with a bent driveshaft & a prop that's too small.

The Mini-Mono saw A LOT MORE runtime that day, always a nice day when the waters' smooth & glassy.

Replied to fweasel's post below with info on the brushless setup to avoid redundancy.

i have a veles29 and a sonicwake 36 on the sonicwake am running 48mm tripel blade gets up on plane quickly but runs hot on the 29 veles im runninh a 42mm triple are thes good 4 use or am i runninng too big nd what are the guide lines when using a triple?