Thread: Kyosho Jetstream 888 VE Readyset (upgrading TX e.t.c.) My First real RC MODEL!

Question Kyosho Jetstream 888 VE Readyset(Advice possible TX Upgrade e.t.c.)

Hello Everyone:

I would be very grateful for some PRE -PURCHASE advice? I came across the Kyosho Jetstream 888 VE Readyset and was very impressed by its Spec and good looks,But most of all it is Ready-To-Run.

I have dexterity issues so am not able to build or greatly modify RC Models. I am ready to place the order with a Norwegian online store,but thought it would be time well spent if I solicited some expert advice on any possible UPGRADES? before i buy.

The first thing I noticed was their is a better TX than comes with the set.BY
    KOYOSHO-Syncro Touch KT-432PT KR-431T set 82138
    ......when i asked The dealer he said
    oh we don't stock that one but we have others that are just as good
    ?? but I need to be sure,its not just a dealer who cant be bothered??
    He is suggesting a SANWA pistol GRIP TX?it may very well be superb,but alas i am no expert at all, so need solid unbiased feedback please,it will mean a lot to me.

I have no doubt some of your guys\owners of this superb boat will have swapped out different components including the stock KYOSHO MOTOR e.t.c.but as long as the stock items are of a good to very good standard I will be very happy.
    any advice on the above or alternatives TXs e.t.c. greatly welcomed

All the Best Steve
    Last edited by powerboatman; 03-28-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Nice offshore but access to motors, batterie, etc ... is limited

Hello
    Really good to hear from you,much appreciated.I read an older forum post saying something of the same as you.Hopefully this will not be to much of a problem,I see some US Sites are advising using smaller batteries and they give dimensions e.t.c.
    If you have any additional information am very keen to get as much feedback on this boat as possible

Regards Steve

I have one of these and I have had no problem working on it and modifying/upgrading everything but as a boat, it is an unnecessarily difficult option for someone with dexterity problems. The advice given above it correct. If you have dexterity issues, get a cat that has easy, straight forward accesses to all the components.