Thread: problems in controlling the Pro Boat Veles 29 Catamaran

Default problems in controlling the Pro Boat Veles 29 Catamaran

problems in controlling the Pro Boat Veles 29 Catamaran
    Guys, I received my Veles today.
    I've never ridden a Catamaran before. During the first 2 laps he went well (I ran a lot on the straight and I made the turns in good speed). In the third he rolled on the turn. I was forced to swim ... Then, in fear, I drove the boat at low speed, even then, in a curve, out of nowhere, he fell back again. The water was very calm and windless. The third time, it fell again (at a slower speed). I did not make any changes, only in ESC that I programmed option S6 (I removed the automatic option). Follow photos of the batteries and the rudder (propeller shaft). It's normal in Catamaran (do you turn any course, is there any tips on the curves, or does my Veles have any problems?) The strange thing is that in the first 2 laps he did well ... In the end I returned home because I did not want to swim again today. .. The batteries are with 3.93v each cell.
    I'll try again tomorrow.
    Every help is welcome!

Marcos (of Brazil)DSC01678.jpgDSC01679.jpgDSC01680.jpgDSC01681.jpg

thank you

Boats only turn right. If you turn left, the boat can flip. You should run in a right turn oval and try not to turn left except at slow speed and not to sharp. Also to much rudder throw is bad to. At full right turn you should turn in a 3 meter radius. Boat should not turn on a dime as that is too much throw.

the veles has a long rudder ,during low speed cornering it can kinda trip over its own rudder . if you have a programmable transmitter you should turn your steering throw down to like 60-70 percent .i would start with 60 . see how that goes ,if its ok then go to 70 percent throw but i wouldn't go any higher .

what you are experiencing is the norm for the veles . if it continues to be a issue for you you can switch to a blackjack 29 rudder and that will help.

i try to make wide medium speed turns with my veles and i have my steering throw turned down . good luck
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

please see swimming advisory.
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

In addition and if youre running that boat on 6s i would recommend to order one of those
    ABC 1616/Dasboata-handling is much better on this one,and yeah dual rate on the steering and a shorter rudder blade definitely helps.
    Btw,strut setting is important,so a lot of testing has to be done.Mine is set up like this...

You cannot take this as reference,as my boat is on the heavy side and prop is 1715;only to get an idea.
    Nice boat,have fun.
    Last edited by danthem; 03-27-2019 at 04:01 AM.

how are the temps with that 1616?can you run full lipos down while using that prop?or is it couple passes and bring it in ?
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

I am running a mod veles using other motor and esc-so from my short testing on the 1616 last october temps and handling were fine.Cannot remember the exact data though.
    Cannot guarantee that you will be able to run a full set of packs down on stock setup using full throttle,but should be better than stock prop .
    Meanwhile i use 1715,and yeah i am hammering my packs down to 3,7 V..on cold water lately 76° C on the esc,if i remember it right.
    To play even safer on 6S,you can opt for 1615-somewhat slower,but also nice handling prop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cxeB-2kEEM
    Last edited by danthem; 03-28-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Today I made a change in the rudder (strut setting) equal to the "danthem".
    I do not know what happened, I believe I did not tighten it correctly (after I screwed up a few screws - I'm afraid to tighten it too much), when I finished I realized that the strut setting returned to the original position (stock position)
    Today the boat has not rolled on the turn, but if you notice the curve that I make at speed (the lake's largest curve) the boat goes well. On the smaller curve, I do not have the confidence yet to do it at great speed, the boat almost rolled on the turn, several times.
    It looks like this model does not like a slow curve ...

thank you all

It's normal to let off the throttle a little in the turns on a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by boatsrnew2me View Post
    the veles has a long rudder ,during low speed cornering it can kinda trip over its own rudder . if you have a programmable transmitter you should turn your steering throw down to like 60-70 percent .i would start with 60 . see how that goes ,if its ok then go to 70 percent throw but i wouldn't go any higher .
    what you are experiencing is the norm for the veles . if it continues to be a issue for you you can switch to a blackjack 29 rudder and that will help.
    i try to make wide medium speed turns with my veles and i have my steering throw turned down . good luck
    Hi all,

today cleaning my Veles, I have now noticed that the rudder has a small play, approximately 5mm, forward to back.
    The nylon bolt can not tighten the rudder, is this normal or is it a problem? Note: I have the Pro Boat UL 19 Hydroplane and its rudder is fixed, it does not move 1 millimiter for freight or back.
    Can this hinder stability in the curve?

thanksnylon bolt.jpg

Hi,you have to tighten that screw above the nylon bolt,rudderblades should always be sharp and sit
    nice and snug..otherwise they indeed would be influencing your driving experience in a negative way-not only while cornering.

That nylon screw is tight at most - I think it's dusted (the screw is in "loose"). I can not get him to fix the rudder 100%. Do you have trouble exchanging for a stainless steel screw? Because Pro Boat delivers with nylon bolt - I wonder if trading for steel may have some negative problem.

Hello, as Danthem said, just tighten well the upper screw, the nylon screw is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcosAC View Post
    That nylon screw is tight at most - I think it's dusted (the screw is in "loose"). I can not get him to fix the rudder 100%. Do you have trouble exchanging for a stainless steel screw? Because Pro Boat delivers with nylon bolt - I wonder if trading for steel may have some negative problem.
    if you put stainless in there you risk ripping the transom open should your rudder hit anything under the water while in use .as people have suggested tighten the upper bolt

I have the BJ V3 29 and the Veles V3 29 BJ length is 4-5/16" and the Veles is 4-7/16" is that what I should use it just seems like 1/8" is a very small change to take care of my flipping problem