Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Namba voting is open. Lets vote in sizes and get 2019 moving. Flame suite on :-)

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    Correct. Simple tech. Tune your setup and go race.
    Right.
    Next question that I've not seen anywhere, is it okay wires coming out the side of the can or back?
    Covering all my basics.
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Doesn't matter.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Doesn't matter.
    Awesome, thanks Brian..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Correct. Simple tech. Tune your setup and go race.
    Wait, you mean it's easy to measure 37mm diameter and then measure 60mm in length? Sounds pretty easy to me. A contest director could even have a tool made with the two dimensions that made it take less than a 5 seconds to check.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Wait, you mean it's easy to measure 37mm diameter and then measure 60mm in length? Sounds pretty easy to me. A contest director could even have a tool made with the two dimensions that made it take less than a 5 seconds to check.
    It does mean people have to think about setup more. It's no longer a cookbook class.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

It does mean people have to think about setup more. It's no longer a cookbook class.
    This will make things interesting for sure!!

At our Florida race in March we inspected 1st-3rd in all the P/Limited and Q/limited finals. Simple visual and we didn't need to pull out a caliper. It was 2 minutes in the hot pits after the heat to untape. It kept everyone on notice of enforcement and nullified grumbling or sour grapes that someone possibly cheated. Again rules are only as good as their enforcement and 37X60 and 40X75 are easy to identify without pulling engines out.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Step by step on how to "roll your own" motor fellas!

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...-winding-class

MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by HTVboats View Post
    At our Florida race in March we inspected 1st-3rd in all the P/Limited and Q/limited finals. Simple visual and we didn't need to pull out a caliper. It was 2 minutes in the hot pits after the heat to untape. It kept everyone on notice of enforcement and nullified grumbling or sour grapes that someone possibly cheated. Again rules are only as good as their enforcement and 37X60 and 40X75 are easy to identify without pulling engines out.
    Mic
    Q Limited, now that sounds fun!

Looks like, now that voting is over, the rule changes are not available on the NAMBA web site or member portal. Can anyone here reproduce the newly passed P-Limited motor specs?
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

http://namba.com/content/library/rul...a_rulebook.pdf
    In the book 37mm X 60mm, length includes any bearing protrusions.
    Mic

Sidebar Q limited: a local class growing on the west coast of Florida. Take any full "P" and try a 1600kv 40X74 on 6S and you will be amazed how fast it will go. At a fraction of the price. We are even seeing a resurgence of outboard tunnels. Current 45 nitro hulls match the power well. When the tunnelheads tried full Q they found it expensive and a 40X82 really is too fast for the hulls. Fun but when you go upside down too often and only a few finish the class dies. The 40X74 on a 45 size hull (many out there collecting dust) will go 50-65mph and need less ma than a 40X82 or larger. It will finish more heats. That and a Flycolor 150 will work well. The JAE 33 will run mid 70's and make 6 laps on 5000ma. Q/limited can be an inexpensive step up for a P/limited racer rather than a full P or Q requiring 200+ amp esc's.

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Step by step on how to "roll your own" motor fellas!

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...-winding-class

Such great info!!! Thanks!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Such great info!!! Thanks!
    "But wait, there's more"..
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...he-SQUID-motor
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Some good stuff here as well.
    We may have to open a motor building sub forum..LOL

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...p-report/page3
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Not sure how many people will actually start rewinding, but this all does give a better understanding of how and why things work. Makes us better consumers. Somehow I know my rewindings would be slower than out of the box or just plain incendiary devices.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Not sure how many people will actually start rewinding, but this all does give a better understanding of how and why things work. Makes us better consumers. Somehow I know my rewindings would be slower than out of the box or just plain incendiary devices.
    Mic
    Me too Mic. I want to understand it more than anything. Not understanding how these things work for real real has frustrated me for some time. I'm starting to get it though. Don, explains like a regular dude instead of "now install your unobtainium flux capacitor under the dual overhead k'nooter valve"
    Noisy person

Mic

Sidebar Q limited: a local class growing on the west coast of Florida. Take any full "P" and try a 1600kv 40X74 on 6S and you will be amazed how fast it will go. At a fraction of the price. We are even seeing a resurgence of outboard tunnels. Current 45 nitro hulls match the power well. When the tunnelheads tried full Q they found it expensive and a 40X82 really is too fast for the hulls. Fun but when you go upside down too often and only a few finish the class dies. The 40X74 on a 45 size hull (many out there collecting dust) will go 50-65mph and need less ma than a 40X82 or larger. It will finish more heats. That and a Flycolor 150 will work well. The JAE 33 will run mid 70's and make 6 laps on 5000ma. Q/limited can be an inexpensive step up for a P/limited racer rather than a full P or Q requiring 200+ amp esc's.
    Cost!
    I really like this idea, I push for cost savings at the same time going fast to bring new members to this hobby!
    best way to grow a club is to find ways to keep costs a little lower without taking out the speed factor..

Not sure how many people will actually start rewinding...
    Probably won't be a whole bunch. Fortunately they can be had (at least currently) for those that don't want to take it on.

Keep an eye on the motor forum for more good stuff fellas.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...e-3831-2000-kv

MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Cost!
    I really like this idea, I push for cost savings at the same time going fast to bring new members to this hobby!
    best way to grow a club is to find ways to keep costs a little lower without taking out the speed factor..
    I fail to see how this re-winding phenomenon helps bring new members?

Mic
    Q Limited, now that sounds fun!
    Mic

Cost!
    Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    I fail to see how this re-winding phenomenon helps bring new members?
    Failed to see it and so do I because I was not taking to that...
    I posted the original conversation of Q-Limited as this sounds like a very fun class I am interested in...

Failed to see it and so do I because I was not taking to that...
    I posted the original conversation of Q-Limited as this sounds like a very fun class I am interested in...
    My bad... Q-Limited should work out just fine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12