Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 51 of 51

Thread: Namba voting is open. Lets vote in sizes and get 2019 moving. Flame suite on :-)

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    9,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    Correct. Simple tech. Tune your setup and go race.
    Right.
    Next question that I've not seen anywhere, is it okay wires coming out the side of the can or back?
    Covering all my basics.
    Jesus is King .......NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    or
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Doesn't matter.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    9,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    Doesn't matter.
    Awesome, thanks Brian..
    Jesus is King .......NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    5,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    Correct. Simple tech. Tune your setup and go race.
    Wait, you mean it's easy to measure 37mm diameter and then measure 60mm in length? Sounds pretty easy to me. A contest director could even have a tool made with the two dimensions that made it take less than a 5 seconds to check.
    Noisy person

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    or
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Wait, you mean it's easy to measure 37mm diameter and then measure 60mm in length? Sounds pretty easy to me. A contest director could even have a tool made with the two dimensions that made it take less than a 5 seconds to check.
    It does mean people have to think about setup more. It's no longer a cookbook class.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    9,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    It does mean people have to think about setup more. It's no longer a cookbook class.
    This will make things interesting for sure!!
    Jesus is King .......NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    612

    Default

    At our Florida race in March we inspected 1st-3rd in all the P/Limited and Q/limited finals. Simple visual and we didn't need to pull out a caliper. It was 2 minutes in the hot pits after the heat to untape. It kept everyone on notice of enforcement and nullified grumbling or sour grapes that someone possibly cheated. Again rules are only as good as their enforcement and 37X60 and 40X75 are easy to identify without pulling engines out.
    Mic

    Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Step by step on how to "roll your own" motor fellas!

    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...-winding-class

    TOY BOAT RACER
    IMPBA Dist.13 Director
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887CD
    NAMBA 1169

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    9,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HTVboats View Post
    At our Florida race in March we inspected 1st-3rd in all the P/Limited and Q/limited finals. Simple visual and we didn't need to pull out a caliper. It was 2 minutes in the hot pits after the heat to untape. It kept everyone on notice of enforcement and nullified grumbling or sour grapes that someone possibly cheated. Again rules are only as good as their enforcement and 37X60 and 40X75 are easy to identify without pulling engines out.
    Mic
    Q Limited, now that sounds fun!
    Jesus is King .......NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Looks like, now that voting is over, the rule changes are not available on the NAMBA web site or member portal. Can anyone here reproduce the newly passed P-Limited motor specs?
    The Villages, FL
    club site - http://castawaysboatworx.club/

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    612

    Default

    http://namba.com/content/library/rul...a_rulebook.pdf
    In the book 37mm X 60mm, length includes any bearing protrusions.
    Mic

    Sidebar Q limited: a local class growing on the west coast of Florida. Take any full "P" and try a 1600kv 40X74 on 6S and you will be amazed how fast it will go. At a fraction of the price. We are even seeing a resurgence of outboard tunnels. Current 45 nitro hulls match the power well. When the tunnelheads tried full Q they found it expensive and a 40X82 really is too fast for the hulls. Fun but when you go upside down too often and only a few finish the class dies. The 40X74 on a 45 size hull (many out there collecting dust) will go 50-65mph and need less ma than a 40X82 or larger. It will finish more heats. That and a Flycolor 150 will work well. The JAE 33 will run mid 70's and make 6 laps on 5000ma. Q/limited can be an inexpensive step up for a P/limited racer rather than a full P or Q requiring 200+ amp esc's.

    Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ma
    Posts
    8,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Step by step on how to "roll your own" motor fellas!

    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...-winding-class

    Such great info!!! Thanks!
    Steven Vaccaro

    Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Such great info!!! Thanks!
    "But wait, there's more"..
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...he-SQUID-motor
    TOY BOAT RACER
    IMPBA Dist.13 Director
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887CD
    NAMBA 1169

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Some good stuff here as well.
    We may have to open a motor building sub forum..LOL

    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...p-report/page3
    TOY BOAT RACER
    IMPBA Dist.13 Director
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887CD
    NAMBA 1169

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Not sure how many people will actually start rewinding, but this all does give a better understanding of how and why things work. Makes us better consumers. Somehow I know my rewindings would be slower than out of the box or just plain incendiary devices.
    Mic

    Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    5,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HTVboats View Post
    Not sure how many people will actually start rewinding, but this all does give a better understanding of how and why things work. Makes us better consumers. Somehow I know my rewindings would be slower than out of the box or just plain incendiary devices.
    Mic
    Me too Mic. I want to understand it more than anything. Not understanding how these things work for real real has frustrated me for some time. I'm starting to get it though. Don, explains like a regular dude instead of "now install your unobtainium flux capacitor under the dual overhead k'nooter valve"
    Noisy person

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    9,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HTVboats View Post
    http://namba.com/content/library/rul...a_rulebook.pdf
    In the book 37mm X 60mm, length includes any bearing protrusions.
    Mic

    Sidebar Q limited: a local class growing on the west coast of Florida. Take any full "P" and try a 1600kv 40X74 on 6S and you will be amazed how fast it will go. At a fraction of the price. We are even seeing a resurgence of outboard tunnels. Current 45 nitro hulls match the power well. When the tunnelheads tried full Q they found it expensive and a 40X82 really is too fast for the hulls. Fun but when you go upside down too often and only a few finish the class dies. The 40X74 on a 45 size hull (many out there collecting dust) will go 50-65mph and need less ma than a 40X82 or larger. It will finish more heats. That and a Flycolor 150 will work well. The JAE 33 will run mid 70's and make 6 laps on 5000ma. Q/limited can be an inexpensive step up for a P/limited racer rather than a full P or Q requiring 200+ amp esc's.
    Cost!
    I really like this idea, I push for cost savings at the same time going fast to bring new members to this hobby!
    best way to grow a club is to find ways to keep costs a little lower without taking out the speed factor..
    Jesus is King .......NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Not sure how many people will actually start rewinding...
    Probably won't be a whole bunch. Fortunately they can be had (at least currently) for those that don't want to take it on.

    Keep an eye on the motor forum for more good stuff fellas.

    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...e-3831-2000-kv

    TOY BOAT RACER
    IMPBA Dist.13 Director
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887CD
    NAMBA 1169

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Cost!
    I really like this idea, I push for cost savings at the same time going fast to bring new members to this hobby!
    best way to grow a club is to find ways to keep costs a little lower without taking out the speed factor..
    I fail to see how this re-winding phenomenon helps bring new members?

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    9,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HTVboats View Post
    At our Florida race in March we inspected 1st-3rd in all the P/Limited and Q/limited finals. Simple visual and we didn't need to pull out a caliper. It was 2 minutes in the hot pits after the heat to untape. It kept everyone on notice of enforcement and nullified grumbling or sour grapes that someone possibly cheated. Again rules are only as good as their enforcement and 37X60 and 40X75 are easy to identify without pulling engines out.
    Mic
    Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Q Limited, now that sounds fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by HTVboats View Post
    http://namba.com/content/library/rul...a_rulebook.pdf
    In the book 37mm X 60mm, length includes any bearing protrusions.
    Mic

    Sidebar Q limited: a local class growing on the west coast of Florida. Take any full "P" and try a 1600kv 40X74 on 6S and you will be amazed how fast it will go. At a fraction of the price. We are even seeing a resurgence of outboard tunnels. Current 45 nitro hulls match the power well. When the tunnelheads tried full Q they found it expensive and a 40X82 really is too fast for the hulls. Fun but when you go upside down too often and only a few finish the class dies. The 40X74 on a 45 size hull (many out there collecting dust) will go 50-65mph and need less ma than a 40X82 or larger. It will finish more heats. That and a Flycolor 150 will work well. The JAE 33 will run mid 70's and make 6 laps on 5000ma. Q/limited can be an inexpensive step up for a P/limited racer rather than a full P or Q requiring 200+ amp esc's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Cost!
    I really like this idea, I push for cost savings at the same time going fast to bring new members to this hobby!
    best way to grow a club is to find ways to keep costs a little lower without taking out the speed factor..
    Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    I fail to see how this re-winding phenomenon helps bring new members?
    Failed to see it and so do I because I was not taking to that...
    I posted the original conversation of Q-Limited as this sounds like a very fun class I am interested in...
    Jesus is King .......NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Failed to see it and so do I because I was not taking to that...
    I posted the original conversation of Q-Limited as this sounds like a very fun class I am interested in...
    My bad... Q-Limited should work out just fine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •