Thread: What size flex shaft do I need?

Default What size flex shaft do I need?

If I decide to remove the liner from my Proboat Sonicwake, what size shaft would fit good? Also what's the stock size? I can't find any info on it. I have been reading as long as I use good waterproof grease I shouldn't have a problem with water intrusion. Is this correct?

Is the shaft size .187 ?

You need to measure the inside diameter of the stuffing tube to figure out what flex shaft you need. You gave no info in your original post . How do you expect anyone to suggest what you need. Not trying to be a jerk but you are expecting people to remember what boat you have. I have no clue.

It clearly stated in my question. Read it again...... Is it Proboat Sonicwake. How much more info do you need? Somebody who owns this boat knows what size shaft it needs and anything else that I'm asking.
    Last edited by mnm99; 03-22-2019 at 02:26 PM.

The stock cable is .187" in diameter with a 3/16" prop shaft. As suggested measure the inside diameter of the stuffing tube and experiment from there. Without the teflon liner it's going to be a lot easier for water to enter into the boat as the grease dissipates during the run.

Sorry I missed that .

The sonicwake shaft I think is .187. That is a decent size shalf for 6s.
    The boat probably can use a bigger shaft.
    As the inner tube may be bigger without the Teflon liner but the strut cannot take a 1/4 inch shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    The sonicwake shaft I think is .187. That is a decent size shalf for 6s.
    The boat probably can use a bigger shaft.
    As the inner tube may be bigger without the Teflon liner but the strut cannot take a 1/4 inch shaft.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mnm99 View Post
    If I decide to remove the liner from my Proboat Sonicwake, what size shaft would fit good? Also what's the stock size? I can't find any info on it. I have been reading as long as I use good waterproof grease I shouldn't have a problem with water intrusion. Is this correct?
    Hey guy, I have PB Impulse 31v1

OSE store has two different cables for it..
    Heavy duty (.150") with liner.. https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...able-impulse31

Super duty (.187") with no liner.. https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...e-HD-Impulse31

Steve also has a Super duty (.187") cable with no liner for your boat.. https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...HD-SonicWake36

The common theme here is: cables with liners are .150", cables withOUT liners are .187".

Suggestion: remove your cable & measure the diameter with a micrometer; if .150", then I think it's safe to say that without the liner it will be .187" - if it's already .187", then you have your answer.

HOWEVER, to be on the safe side.. I would contact Steve(OSE store) and ask him to confirm if I'm right or wrong.

If you use a good grease (see attached), water intrusion will be minimal - I think some is going to get in no matter what you do. Trick is to minimize it.

Hope that helps to get you going in the right direction.
    AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast
    Pro Boat SW26v3 - 2860-2600kv + Seaking(V2) 90A on 3S, Build in Progress
    Pro Boat Stealthwake 23 - Stock For Now - Brushless Down The Road