Short backstory. I had built a custom outriggers similar in size to a JAE FE21 about 4 years ago. Not oval racing, but wanted something that could be run pretty hard messing around at the lake. Using a Leopard 3650 2750kv, 3300mah 4S lipo, and Swordfish Pro+ 120A ESC, I tested quite a few different props I had on hand. Best overall props for speed and stability I found were Octura 1938 & X642, which happen to be the largest & highest pitch props I own. Max speed was 50mph, and handling was excellent. After a full run, I found the motor to be a little hotter than I was comfortable with.

I then purchased a Leopard 3674 2200kv, 5000mah 4S, and stuffed it into the same tub, same props. I didn't radar the speed with this setup, but I'd guess speed was 55+mph. After every run, the motor and ESC are always ice cold. The boat was a little small for all the extra weight, and handling suffered greatly, as I expected. I was planning on building a larger boat to better suit the extra weight but never got around to it. I haven't had much experience with FE boats, but I'd like to complete this project this spring, and having a hard time deciding on what size props to buy and test with to get a little more speed. The two props I had that work well on the old setup, one is a high lift and the other a low lift, so not sure if it really matters in the end if the prop is high or low lift as long as it works? Just looking at Octura's chart, I was thinking of ordering an X645 & 1945. I was only going to buy 2 or 3 props to try, any suggestions?