Thread: More cooling?

Default More cooling?

I went through a bunch of threads getting ideas. Didn't really get the info I needed. I don't know if I should upgrade the cooling because of changing the prop. I'd like to keep everything as cool as possible. Is a dual pickup rudder feeding the motor and control mod the right way to go?

Bigger prop is pulling more amps. Is the new prop sharpened and balanced?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Bigger prop is pulling more amps. Is the new prop sharpened and balanced?
    No.No..I'm getting a new boat (Sonicwake). Thinking of upgrades...LOL I may change the prop to a 3 blade. I was just thinking the cooler the better regardless of what I do, even if I keep it stock. I'm running it at 6S
    Last edited by mnm99; 03-18-2019 at 05:04 PM.

I'm runnin the Dasboata super sonic prop on mine...3 blade....and hauls the mail...!! No heat probs... Chris's props are fantastic....

You can just run it and keep an eye on it. See if it gets warm. Later if it does need a bit more flow you can drill out all the brass fittings. Some of those have very small passageways. I just did all mine. You can also teardrop the inlet on the rudder to increase flow.

Quote Originally Posted by 30nitro View Post
    I'm runnin the Dasboata super sonic prop on mine...3 blade....and hauls the mail...!! No heat probs... Chris's props are fantastic....
    Yea I'll be getting one i'm sure.

I had an ESC heat up so went with extra cooling. Things seemed better until ESC exploded and caught fire. The replacement that Hobby sent had one cooling connector completely blocked by the glue they use to hold the fitting on. I had to drill it out. So if you are suffering g from over heating - check your water passages on the ESC. Opening them up to ensure they are open works well,