Thread: any kids getting into the hobby with there dads help

Default any kids getting into the hobby with there dads help

building there own boats I have my reasons it's all good
    Last edited by dasboata; 03-14-2019 at 08:36 PM.

I did, but that was more years ago than I would like to admit.
    Bless you dad!
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

My dad was a ham radio operator and taught me to solder before I could ride a bike. That's a skill that comes in handy in this hobby for sure.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

My dad took me to the Miami marine stadium back in the early mid 60's for the boat / hydroplane races. I took my kid, same place late 80's early 90's. And at that time at 13 he was the youngest racer in the club, a very old 20 mono he had to figure out how to keep running Ha,Ha, family tradition we love all things motor sports racing, specially boats.
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

Flew planes with my dad when I was an infant till he gave it up when I was about 14. For reference I’m 54 now. He use radio that had buttons and switches. No proportional like now. AM Kraft and AM Futaba. Still have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use to help my dad drink his beer when he was working around the house LOL,,, I broke more stuff then fixed it at the time. he was a die maker with hands of Gold,, I learned a lot from him !!!!,,,I don't mind helping kids out getting into the hobby with some extra parts I have lying around and I'm sure other would also,, but how do you really know it's going to the kid ???

I can think of 4 guys in our area currently who are father/son teams, ages 7 to 12.

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    I can think of 4 guys in our area currently who are father/son teams, ages 7 to 12.
    I have a few radios
    Last edited by dasboata; 03-17-2019 at 10:10 PM.

got my grandson hooked on my boats, I told him good grades will get him one. I think that was
    a misstake, he has three now and honor roll and banner roll, really proud of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaux View Post
    got my grandson hooked on my boats, I told him good grades will get him one. I think that was
    a misstake, he has three now and honor roll and banner roll, really proud of him.
    good job I did the same with my Grandson WELLLLLL except for the grade part LOL,, I just enjoyed to be with him so I spoiled the crap out of him what kind of boats did you get him ?

[QUOTE=dasboata;733362]I have a few radios a HPI and a Spectrum check them out on ebay if it's something they can use I'll ship them to you or them if they don't use it pass it forward https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K:ME:LNLK:MESX[/

that is very kind of you Chris. They are all well equipped, maybe someone more needy will speak up.

[QUOTE=RayR;733377]
    Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    I have a few radios a HPI and a Spectrum check them out on ebay if it's something they can use I'll ship them to you or them if they don't use it pass it forward https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K:ME:LNLK:MESX[/

that is very kind of you Chris. They are all well equipped, maybe someone more needy will speak up.
    & that is exactly the tone of this post I am looking for,,,, thank you enjoy your GS

I picked him up a barbwire xl from Steven, a really good little boat trouble free. We also built him a delta force 33. He likes my mean machine 2 and my df pirate.
    But anyway it's all about the memories. Have fun.

My son has been racing since he was 9. That was 10 years ago. He's a pretty solid racer now. How could he not have been sucked in though. He's seen every kind of boat built at the house at one stage or another. He's not much a of a builder but at least he will wrench on them. He's always got an idea whether I want it or not. haha Those early years were brutal trying to keep everything running.
    Last edited by T.S.Davis; 04-03-2019 at 02:07 PM.
    Noisy person

Giving this away to a kid or someone that really can use it just cover the shipping
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am getting into the RC boat hobby with my 7 year old son. We started with two RTR boats (Aquaholic V2, Proboat React 17, and UDIRC Arrow). We tweaked and upgraded a few parts. Now that we love it, I just purchased DF Pirate 35 Hull for a build from scratch. Both he and I are very excited about this project.