Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Evil Doctor's Next Project

After a bit of sleuthing I found this video of it on youtube and while I cant type in cyrillic here his Facebook name is the same as his youtube account name.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    After a bit of sleuthing I found this video of it on youtube and while I cant type in cyrillic here his Facebook name is the same as his youtube account name.
    That's actually quite cool...and a self-righting...doubly-cool.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

That's cool. I like the double-entendre of the name "Fast Duck".
    A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves

Default Disaster!!!

Well, it's actually like a little setback with a silver lining. As I was painting on the tinted varnish, my fingernail scraped the top of the canopy and took a very small sliver of the varnish layer off. The problem was, the varnish had bonded to the chrome, so a tiny film layer of chrome came up with it. It was right on top of the canopy and I couldn't do an invisible repair.

What to do? I rubbed all the chrome off with Meguiar's and kept going finer and finer. It's down to the white base coat now and I think it's even shinier than it was before. It's had additional time to cure and there's no trace of solvent aroma in the paint. I washed it off with dish washing detergent this morning and it's drying at this moment. I hope to shoot the chrome later this afternoon.

I'll take more photos when I apply the varnish.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    you may not be able to type it but you could have copy pasted it...LOL

Павел Руденко

I looked at his site and I really didn't see a "Buy Fast Duck Here" link....

I must not make any more purchases until all current "Under Construction" projects are complete, and I just dug one more dusty hulk out of the deep dark recesses to be added to the "Nearly Complete" list...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jet View Post
    I looked at his site and I really didn't see a "Buy Fast Duck Here" link....

I must not make any more purchases until all current "Under Construction" projects are complete, and I just dug one more dusty hulk out of the deep dark recesses to be added to the "Nearly Complete" list...
    I know the feeling...not so much with boats, but with 4-wheeled vehicles.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345