Thread: Winter tunnel build(s)

Default Winter tunnel build(s)

It started out simple enough, I purchased a CF BBY F1 tunnel an all the gear to put it together, P-limited set up. Had it all set, cartoon drawings, measurements, game plan in place, ready to start the winter project, then I had an idea! Thoughts, ideas at the start of a build means trouble approaches. Change orders cost more $$$, this idea will more than double what I've all ready got in to it, see the price of an O S v2 outboard, ouch. So what's the new plan, for lack of a better term I'll call it a dual sport tunnel boat, both a P-limited an a 3.5cc nitro burner, all in one. the conversion from one to the other needs to be simple too. All new set of cartoon drawings more measurements more parts for nitro rx box, ect, more $$$. New parts arrive ready to start this all new dual sport idea. You guessed it, another thought / idea, more $$$, why can't I also do this conversion with the Dumas Hot Shot Sprint its got a K&B lower, the powerhead is right there on the shelf, half way there already, now I've got two winter projects here they are.

SAM_4086.jpgSAM_4089.jpgSAM_4092.jpgSAM_4093.jpgSAM_4094.jpg
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

More picts

SAM_4097.jpgSAM_4078.jpgSAM_4082.jpgSAM_4083.jpgSAM_4085.jpg

So that's what I've been up to most of the winter. Now I need all the gear to start an run nitro power, more $$$ still to spend on this project(s)

Vary nice!!! Where you get the motor cover on the os?

It's the one from the TFL mini f-3 outboard sold here at OSE in outboards an out drives section. I get the white unpainted ones, 10$, that way I can do any thing I want, I've got one painted as a Mercury F-1 one as a Yamaha V Max 200hp an the two white ones above. I use O-rings to hold them down.

They both look great. congrats My OPC needed a big toque servo 260 inch ounce. set up on the shaft

Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by JestDanny View Post
    It's the one from the TFL mini f-3 outboard sold here at OSE in outboards an out drives section. I get the white unpainted ones, 10$, that way I can do any thing I want, I've got one painted as a Mercury F-1 one as a Yamaha V Max 200hp an the two white ones above. I use O-rings to hold them down.
    Good idea. I mite have to get me one. Thanks for the good tip. I hope you get us some video to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    They both look great. congrats My OPC needed a big toque servo 260 inch ounce. set up on the shaft

Hay Randy how's the shoulder feeling, hope its all healed up and every thing is back to normal for you. I can't wait to get your hull out for its maiden shake down run. On my electric rx box set up I have the Power HD 23kg, 250 inch pounds servo. Unfortunately on the nitro rx box set up I've got the Hitec high torque servo witch only has 160 inch pounds. I won't be racing it ,no racing tunnels any were to be found here in new England (Mass.) so I hoping it will work out for a little sporting fun.