Thread: 1/10 scale vintage shovel nose m/l boatworks builds kit 121

Default 1/10 scale vintage shovel nose m/l boatworks builds kit 121

loimage.jpeg hi there I am looking for a image of the inside of a1/10 scale vintage hydroplane that shows where the drive components are supposed to be mounted inside if anyone could reply with one please .
    Last edited by RON F; 03-12-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Hello, I use 1/16th aluminum angle with my OSE strut in between them. Bolted thru the bottom. I use .150 reverse wound flex cable in a straight brass tube. The rules state drive shaft has to be straight where it exits the bottom of the hull to the strut. If the brass tube goes from the exit hole in the bottom to the strut in a straight line, it's the same as a 1/8th hard shaft running in a tube or exposed to the strut. Sorry I don't have any pictures to post. Motor mounts should be available on OSE of make one from aluminum angle. Hope this post doesn't leave you to confused, but helps.

Hi there thanks for your reply. , I. Have some angle aluminum 1/16" I will look around for pictures the brass tube I what they mean as a stuffing box? Do you put bushings at both ends ? What rudder assembly would you recommend
    Regards ron

I use OSE rudders on my 1/10th scale's. If you use a flex cable you don't need bushings, just waterproof/flex shaft grease. Use a brass tube just a little larger than .150 cable. Are you building your boat to namba or impba rules? Do you have boaters in your area running 1/10th scale boats? If so you should check out their setup's.