Thread: Proboat Jetstream

Default Proboat Jetstream

Hello guys,

This is my first post on this site so bare with me. I just recently got into RC boating and ive gone electric. So far ive gotten hooked ever since i bought an AquaCraft WildCat Ep a few months ago. Since then Ive bought a Proboat blackjack 24, shockwave 26 and the jetstream 23. So far ive encountered issues with all of them spare the blackjack and ive solved the problems through my research as a ghost on these forums and I thank you all who have helped me thus far!

Back on topic, the point is all boats work flawlessly now except the jetstream. It runs well but one issue i cant seem to tackle or find a guide to troubleshooting is its water intake of the hull. I run my jetstream on a lake so theres no debris to speak of really. the lake is kept up very nicely where i live. It runs fine with a slight trim to the right no matter how much I adjust it on the controller which is the first issue I have with it and the second issue is that as i mentioned the hull is full of water every time I run it. Ive checked the tightly packed engine tray as best i could for cracks or leaks in the cooling tubes but the only thing i can think of is that the screws keeping the intake grate attached, on the bottom of the boat are loose and water is being sucked up into the hull by the motor and some escapes from the screwed seam between the intake grate on the bottom and the inside engine tray?

Ive ordered the upgrades intake grate from this site, the one with the bigger scoops to get even more water in there along with an upgraded steering nozzle. I am hoping both of these will help in my problems. Any advice or thread links you could let me in on dealing with these 2 issues?

You're talking about the Riverjet, correct? Jetstream has been Kyosho specific for decades.

I agree, pretty sure the OP is talking about the Riverjet. Mine leaked water where the pump nozzle was bolted to the transom (back of the hull). It all disassembles pretty easily. You could to a bath tub soak test and look to see if you can pinpoint the leak. A little clear bathroom silicone caulk between mating surfaces can help stop leaks between parts. Another potential leak point is where the brass stuffing tube penetrates the pump housing. I filled in the cracks around the brass tube with thin CA glue when I had the housing out of the boat.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)