Thread: Genesis 56” upgraded to TP 5680 800Kv + Swordfish X 300A ESCs

Default Genesis 56” upgraded to TP 5680 800Kv + Swordfish X 300A ESCs

Hi guys I’ve purchased a pair of TP 5680 800Kv motors paired to Swordfish X+ 300A ESCs on 12S Batteries. I’ve put this into a Genesis 56” which had SSS 1000Kv motors before. I have 2 ABS 2015 DasBoata props which yielded about 90Mph but the Flier 300A Stick ESC were problematic and have trouble.
    With the new setup I’m seeing a slight reduction in Speed so I’m guessing a new Larger prop to try. Awaiting on a response from Dasboata about that. Any suggestions on prop application and did I buy the incorrect TP sized motors?? Should I have gone for more KVs?? Still new to electric guys!! Thanks for any replies. Much appreciated. Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flexxb737 View Post
    Hi guys I’ve purchased a pair of TP 5680 800Kv motors paired to Swordfish X+ 300A ESCs on 12S Batteries. I’ve put this into a Genesis 56” which had SSS 1000Kv motors before. I have 2 ABS 2015 DasBoata props which yielded about 90Mph but the Flier 300A Stick ESC were problematic and have trouble.
    With the new setup I’m seeing a slight reduction in Speed so I’m guessing a new Larger prop to try. Awaiting on a response from Dasboata about that. Any suggestions on prop application and did I buy the incorrect TP sized motors?? Should I have gone for more KVs?? Still new to electric guys!! Thanks for any replies. Much appreciated. Ed

Chris should have a good idea on where to point you.

Do you have an exact on how much speed you lost? You dropped about 8k rpm going from the 1000kv to 800kv.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Chris should have a good idea on where to point you.

Do you have an exact on how much speed you lost? You dropped about 8k rpm going from the 1000kv to 800kv.
    I have no data to support it, but my bet is the TP motors will spin closer to their rating than the SSS, and the difference would be less than 8K. I agree, Chris probably has the answer
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Flex do you have a video of yours running? I have an opportunity to get one and I’d like to know from someone who I can actually communicate with how it performs. Thanks

I’ve lost about 5mph with the TP motors and the Dasboata ABC 2015 props. I’ve also tried a 3 blade X450 Dasboata as well. Accelerates much better with the 3 blade prop but I don’t race and only want top speed! Someone has told me to keep the Prop diameter same as the 2015 but go for more Pitch which should yield more speed due to the TPs have more Grunt than the SSS 1000Kv!!
    I’m getting the feeling that I should have stuck with at least 1000Kv motors???

The X450 ran 10mph slower top speed than the 2015 2 blade ABC. The 3 blade would have been my preferred prop if I was still racing however! It achieved Top speed much quicker than the 2 blade 2015.