Thread: 45" mystic

Default 45" mystic

I'm new to the forum so maybe this question has already been asked. Anyways how do you get a hold of swoop rd to order a hull? I have e Mailed the info link with no luck. Trying to get my hands on the 45" mystic hull if they sell it separate from a rtr system. Any help would be great. Thanks

Swoop rc sorry

The company recently changed hands. Chris Lo Piccolo is the new owner and is moving the operation to NJ.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

On that explains it. I acquired a wrecked zelos 48 for pretty cheap here in wisconsin. 250$ all the electronics are fine and tested fine but the hull is to far gone for repair. I was thinking of the mhz 114 mystic but am a little leary ordering from germany. Painted hull shipped for 732$ US. Anyone else have a good experience with MHZ?

MHZ is known for exceptional quality and superb gel coat work. All lines are sharp! I have ordered from them in Germany and have been quite happy.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

From the pictures it very nice. Do you think the zelos power plant on 8s would work decently?

Quote Originally Posted by extech86 View Post
    On that explains it. I acquired a wrecked zelos 48 for pretty cheap here in wisconsin. 250$ all the electronics are fine and tested fine but the hull is to far gone for repair. I was thinking of the mhz 114 mystic but am a little leary ordering from germany. Painted hull shipped for 732$ US. Anyone else have a good experience with MHZ?
    Should work great! No problems with MHZ you'll have it in a few days.

Awesome thank you guys for the help I really appreciate it. I have been trying to find that hull with a single drive set up but haven't had much luck. I would imagine it would have similar it not better performance than the factory proboat set up.

Keep in mind that the mystic is narrower than the proboat cat..
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

An alternative could be the Hydro&Marine Agitator Xl. its constructed for 1 and 2 engine setups.

I ended up getting the mhz 45 mystic. The 1000kv dynamite motor is a beast but it fits 😁. I have some reinforcement to do with the hull but hope to have it ready for the spring. I have pictures (not very good quality) but can't figure out how to post them. Any ideas on hull reinforcement? Places know to be weak with these hulls?

IMG_20190309_091608_hdr.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Should be an interesting build. Can't say I've ever seen a single motor 114 build before. You may have to fabricate a setback for the rudder since it's mounted along the center line of the hull and will be directly inline with your prop.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I haven't either, tons of searching and couldn't find a single one. Weight wise the single motor and esc from my calculations is a tad lighter than a twin. Based off the rough measurements i did the prop should be about the same distance from the rudder as the zelos. I'm not looking for a 100mph boat lol and I know this setup won't come anywhere near that but should move pretty good.

Ok, seems like your expectations are tempered, which is good. The MHZ114 hull is significantly narrower than the Zelos 48, obviously, and as a result, won't be nearly as stable in high speed turns. The MHZ is definitely designed for straight line running, so an inline rudder and a single prop shouldn't really change that formula. I'm interested to see how it turns out so keep us posted.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Sorry for not posting any updates but the boat is coming along. I installed a set of aluminum C-channel rails, drilled and tapped for easy motor and esc access. My first time with west systems epoxy resin for re enforcement but it turned out ok. I used black pigment also from w.s with the resin. I had fg cloth on hand so went that direction. I know carbon fiber would be better but with the black tint epoxy, fg would be strong enough and look fairly decent under hatch. I will try and get some pictures up tonight if I can. I do have a question about dynamite motors?.... the 1000kv motor has no spec data on it from what I can find and was curious if anyone tried 10s on them? I know the esc is not going to do that being 160amp, just curious.

Default Winging it

Funny when you here the 10 ot 8 scale tuck guys say big block motor lol. I think this counts?

Sorry for the gap in posts but the boat is coming along. Only a few things left and off to the pond. Please excuse the basement mess in the pictures ��

My apologies for anyone viewing i will get the photos up tomorrow, my phone seems to be stuck on stupid tonight lol.

I am so curious as to how this goes as a single. I have been told ‘lighter is better’ for handling. I’m still getting used to my HPR and MHZ handles a bit better but as a single...

That’s really coming together

Well I managed one picture, I believe the site is not working correctly but hopefully I will be able to post the maiden video soon. Only thing left is securing the batt trays to the hull. Its a possibility of large amounts of snow here in WI in the next few days. Funny because its 69 degrees today lol oh well should melt immediately... fingers crossed :)

Gotta love the spring weather swings in the midwest... not really.

Managed attachments > Add Files > then click the little "+" button for how many photos you plan to upload. The site limit is 5 per post, which can be a pain. Then click "Browse" on each line, select the photos one at a time and when you have them all individually selected, click on the "Upload" button.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)