Thread: Baby Mystic 84

Default Baby Mystic 84

Last week i`ve entered the world of twin drive cats.Coming from RTR Mono & Cat-singles this is a totally new experience.
    I am rather impressed about speed and acceleration of the mhz.Started with a cheapo 6s Leo/160A seaking combination
    and got 96 mph during this first quick test-heading towards a saw setup later this year using LMT/MGM combo.Hopefully more to report.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by danthem; 06-05-2019 at 06:05 AM.

It's addicting, good luck!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks,youre right, it is a thrill,you may check out the vids of fast mystic 84 pioneer M.Herbst...
    This thing has tons of potential..

Weather too shabby to go for a ride at the pond,so i decided to replace the powertrims of the mystic.Mhz is offering a new kind of angular shaped high speed trims.As so often,new parts do not always fit out of the box and i had to adjust some parts-anyways,looking forward to throw the 84 back into the water.

Tested the new pt`s today;solid performance.Think there`s still room ahead for some more speed.
    5kg setup/props Andy Brown/~55000 revs/106 miles.

On all but that last run, that boat sounded like it was still accelerating before you shut it down. I bet there's more speed in it with just a longer runway. Sounds great.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thank you Sir,you may be right ...at those speeds still rockstable on the water,but i am still in a learning process on how to
    brake-not that easy, cause the boat tends to roll over at speeds lower than 50 kmH..save to say:handling is rather problematic
    on this rather heavy setup .But i don`t really care about that as it is only for topspeed passes.

My Mini Zonda 27 was like that... you had to coast down to a much slower speed before you could even think about turning, which made for some scary moments as you ran out of lake and quickly approached the shore. The solution for me was to start further away, but its hard to see the little boats and to know whether they're lined up straight and ready to go full throttle from that far away. But a fast, stable boat is a good problem to have!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Exactly what i`m thinking about!As i am running my props inwards,the boat needs a good amount of speed at the start-otherwise it is nearly impossible to maneuver.
    So starting that fast without knowing the exact position is a dance on the volcano..maybe binoculars-lol

cheers

Replaced my tx/rx combo to something top reliable and made a range test;even if you hardly can see the boat it can be located by sound.
    Last edited by danthem; 06-05-2019 at 06:05 AM.

///// best to read only!
    Last edited by Norwest; 04-09-2019 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Best to not type!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Norwest View Post
    Gentlemen- Sure would be nice in your videos if the viewers could see the boat before flying off in the sunset. Most are not gurus and not the foggiest what they look like.

Indeed!
    Made another clip running her slowly,although also filmed in wide mode, you may have a closer look...at the end

Thanks

Last edited by danthem; 06-05-2019 at 06:06 AM.

Misfortune & stupidity on my side-lol...today i filmed the last run of that baby.Yesterday i`ve tested a new pair of bigger props-the speed was great but my cam did not stored the run..
    So today backup run with working cam.After an evil crash i did not bring her back for a quick check-instead i went for another lap or two..this was fatal.
    Don`t know what exactly happened..maybe it was the less solid gfk hatch i used in order to get gps signal..or simply lousy hatch tape.Went to a diving store to get some neopren clothing,swam half an hour in that cold water-nope.
    However,a new 84 is on the way.
    The gps data at the end was from the yesterday run...

Last edited by danthem; 06-05-2019 at 06:06 AM. Reason: wrong grammar

That's too bad, sorry to hear it.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks,new motors and esc`s were not installed-will play safer on the new hull.
    Last edited by danthem; 04-19-2019 at 03:28 AM.

So i restarted the mystic 84 project;first gps run today on smallish 42 mm props-this time on the lmt/mgm combo.
    Hopefully more to come.

https://youtu.be/qSZ0mBa5wWA

Very nice work! What is different about the new MHZ drives?

Thanks,
    the new drives should add stability during high speed passes+i can go .187 flex cable using standard bearings.
    To be honest,no really new invention here,saw people use them since a decade or so.

Subscribed. Interested in something similar.

What motors / KV / voltage is the setup?
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

The OP hasn’t been back to the forum in over a month so I don’t know when/if you’ll get an answer. One thing I hope he did with his second boat is.....install flotation! You can’t rely on just the hatch to trap air, particularly with a SAW setup. Most “professional” SAW racers use both mechanical means and tape to keep the hatch on, but the hull can still crack open in a high-speed blowover. Pool noodles are a lot cheaper than a new hull, motors, ESS, packs, drives, props.......

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for