Thread: Vbox/crackerbox/zipp kits

Default Vbox/crackerbox/zipp kits

Just ordered this kit. The reason is that I want to make use of my 2x TP 5850/1000 kv. The hull is short, (46"/115 cm). So it fits nicely into the car. And its wide,(17"/42,5 cm). so I imagine 25 pounds rtr would not be a problem ? (6-10s/10-15000 mAh each motor). On youtube there is not a lot to find. So if anyone has any experience with this hull I would be thankfull.

do you need twin motors in this type of hull ? if your going to do the Crackerbox i would fit only a single motor , these hulls are really not designed for twins and also not for great speeds, keep it a good fun boat plus also keep all build / hardware specs legal incase you ever decide to race it or sell it to a modeler.

Thanks. yes it probably turns badly without some massive turnfins. What about its straight line / speed abilities ? What problems will I most likely face at "good speeds". lets say 70 mph ?

problems with the crackerbox at full straight speed is abit like an outboard tunnel hull at full speed . flip. your better off buying the zippkits mono hull as this hull will handle both turns and speed.

The zippkits Vbox is a v bottom, The Abox is the flat bottom. I would not think 70 is impossible with the Vbox.
    I have power tool's, it will fit

No by rights a v hull mono is capable of a higher top end speed as opposed to a flat bottom mono hull.

Yes its the vbox.
    Here are two Abox.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SPxOt5wP9Y
    Flex under the hull and a turnfin in the middle of the boat (1:37 min.)...50 mph and airborn..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI2plI4QfOQ