Thread: Fun with Futaba telemetry

Default Fun with Futaba telemetry

So I added telemetry to my Bonzi Skater today. I actually ordered the sensors from Bonzisports. I had no idea they sold them but when I talked to Dan about my interest, he hooked me up. Thanks Dan! The setup on the transmitter was a little confusing but I finally got it all "dialed" in. Top right dial shows receiver voltage. Bottom left shows left drive battery pack voltage. Bottom right is right side voltage. Center dial is mph. Upper left dial is distance. Just thought I'd share it here for information.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by enzo thecat; 02-17-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enzo thecat View Post
    . . .Just thought I'd share it here for information.
    It's always nice when someone shares information, And in this case for Futaba users so that others that have been contemplating in getting a telemetry system for their Futaba Tx, they have some idea what to expect and it might help them in getting that small nudge to finally get it. So thanks for sharing the info

Quote Originally Posted by Bp9145 View Post
    It's always nice when someone shares information, And in this case for Futaba users so that others that have been contemplating in getting a telemetry system for their Futaba Tx, they have some idea what to expect and it might help them in getting that small nudge to finally get it. So thanks for sharing the info
    Thanks. That was my intention. Frankly, I found little information on the web and pretty much had to take the risk purchasing the equipment not knowing if it would all even work like I wanted. Then there was a lot of trial and error getting it to work but now I fully understand the setup, at least beyond my needs and desirers. If anyone needs help, let me know.

e

does it measure your main pack voltage? and multiple packs?

How is it measuring speed? GPS?
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    How is it measuring speed? GPS?
    Yes
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

thanks for posting, how does it work?

I have a T4GRS and R304SB,

is it one unit or multiple sensors ?

I have a eagle tree with gps addition but haven't used it in years, (off topic) but can I use the eagletree without running it through a batt cable? I think all my setups are too high amps for one and would like to be able to mount the gps unit onto of the hull (full CF hulls)
    Hpr 06 / 09 / 150 /185, Mhz Skater H45 hydro.
    Uk SAW record holder

Is it able to record anything other than the peak speed? The last thing I want to be doing while running my boats is looking down at the TX, so I see telemetry as a gimmik with limited use, unless it has datalogging so you can review it later.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.