Thread: Large V Hull Prop ideas

Default Large V Hull Prop ideas

I am looking for some recommendations on props. Here is what I am building:

CRC 58" fountain
    Leopard 5692 730kv motor
    300-400 amp ESC (brand yet to be determined)
    12s Battery (2 6s series, 5000-6000MAH)

Please let me know what you think would be a good starting point. Looking for a good balance of speed and run time.

That motor is way to small for that size boat. On 12s I would start with a 455 and that is only a 3/16 size prop. Not good for a 58" boat.
    If your interested I have a large TP motor I ran in my 45" boat on 10s and a 7016 3 gas size prop.

That boat needs two of those leopard motors and my two arrow shark out drives, then it would reach full awesomeness!!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Motor should be fine in this boat and on 12s. Its rated for a max of 50v I believe. I have a few others Ive seen of this exact boat on 12s with a 5670 TP motor. Just looking for a good prop to start with.

Yea and that TP motor is a bigger stronger 6 pole motor. I run that motor in my 45" race boat and a 7016 prop. The 5692 is a smaller 4 pole motor and would be better suited for a 36 to 40" mono. That motor would swing a 455 prop and that's not going to push a big and heavy 58" mono very well. But yea it will push it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    Yea and that TP motor is a bigger stronger 6 pole motor. I run that motor in my 45" race boat and a 7016 prop. The 5692 is a smaller 4 pole motor and would be better suited for a 36 to 40" mono. That motor would swing a 455 prop and that's not going to push a big and heavy 58" mono very well. But yea it will push it.
    Ok thanks

For that size hull I would use the beast motor OSE sells here, and ask Steven to send it to his guy to make a water jacket for it. This motor would probably swing a 7214 size prop which would push this big boat very nice. I think that would be the best solution for this size of hull. I have been converting big hulls for over 10 years and I think this would be an awesome set up for your boat. I hope this helps.

Mark

Hi Mark

I have a 44 inch Delta Force Sniper ...and I have the beast motor from OSE well its a different brand I bought from OSE like 6 years ago it looks the same ..Its a Toro beast x528 2y 4 poles 780kv and I have a swordfish pro 300A esc hv max 380A...from what I know the motor will only take 38V so I can only run it no higher than 10s ...any hints of what prop to start out with ?...Thanks Jim

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    For that size hull I would use the beast motor OSE sells here, and ask Steven to send it to his guy to make a water jacket for it. This motor would probably swing a 7214 size prop which would push this big boat very nice. I think that would be the best solution for this size of hull. I have been converting big hulls for over 10 years and I think this would be an awesome set up for your boat. I hope this helps.

Mark
    Hi Mark

I have a 44 inch Delta Force Sniper ...and I have the beast motor from OSE well its a different brand I bought from OSE like 6 years ago it looks the same ..Its a Toro beast x528 2y 4 poles 780kv and I have a swordfish pro 300A esc hv max 380A...from what I know the motor will only take 38V so I can only run it no higher than 10s ...any hints of what prop to start out with ?...Thanks Jim

I think an octura X467, would be a good place to start. I have the TP 5870 780kv motor and it swings a prop shop 7016 380. An ABC 2614 3 chopper would be another good one as that is a good mono prop. Whatever you try you have to see what gets everything hot or not and go from there. I don't know your motor so the 467 is where I would start to see if your motor can handle it and then go up from there if it can.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby89 View Post
    I am looking for some recommendations on props. Here is what I am building:

CRC 58" fountain
    Leopard 5692 730kv motor
    300-400 amp ESC (brand yet to be determined)
    12s Battery (2 6s series, 5000-6000MAH)

Please let me know what you think would be a good starting point. Looking for a good balance of speed and run time.
    You can use a 2 x 5692-730kv setup

Thank you Mark I will let you know how it works if we dont get snow again.....LOL