Thread: I AM RIGHT TO believe this online Boat part purchase opportunity is a scam?

Default I AM RIGHT TO believe this online Boat part purchase opportunity is a scam?

I was looking to purchase a specific Boat at marinefastelectrics@gmail.com. I found and I then contacted the Boat shipping dealer for the next steps. After they provided additional information about the Boat and I provided my details, I was told that I would receive all of the marine FE documents, the Boat documents and a reference number so that I could check the delivery company website tflnorthamerica.com. I can’t prove if these pdf and legitimate.

The delivery company would send the Boat to my home without extra charge and I could then rest the boat for up to three days but for no more than 100 km. if the boat shipping has any problems. I can return it for free. But before the boat is delivered to me. I have to send half of the money to a back account that they provided and then the other half if I want to keep the boat.

As promised, today I received the email with the signed marine FE documents. The signed Boat documents and the reference number. I put the reference tracking number into the website that they send tfl truck. All of the Boat information and delivery details are there.

They Sid, after I complete the transaction, the Boat will be here in 5 days or less.

I think this is a scam because the price of the Boat is too good to be true it’s almost half the price of its market value. The account which I should send the money is located in Sarasota which is weird because the dealer company is in US. The website looks really old. And I am wondering why should I pay half the money before I even look at the Boat?

Also, the Boat disappeared from marinefastelectrics@gmail.com after I contacted the dealer.

Should I continue with the transaction, or is there something else that I am missing here?

It's been said many times. "If it's too good to be true, it probably is"
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

is the company called TFL North America?

I would say...SCAM..!!

It is difficult to provide much meaningful help - the OP has told us little to help us help him. The website has very limited functionality for me, I cannot check individual boats or prices at the moment. Although TFL may be a reputable company, the OP should probably trust his belief that the transaction is questionable without more feedback.

BTW, Sarasota is in Florida.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

And TFL IS a reputable company.

TFLnorthamerica / MarineFE is here in Sarasota, FL. The owner is a well known and stand up guy. On this board he is known for his outstanding scale builds under the screen name CatBoi.

also, the OP’s profile appears a little suspect........why have you copied contact info from the MarineFE website into your profile?
    Last edited by RayR; 06-11-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    And TFL IS a reputable company.
    that's why I asked if it was TFL because they are a real and reputable company and when he mentioned Sarasota TFL popped into my mind. Also, I checked and verified the area code and it does indeed include Sarasota. Also, as Fluid mentioned, Sarasota is in Florida and Florida is in the USA. LOL. I would have to agree with RayR about the OP's intentions. . .suspicious and no need to further entertain his concerns.