Thread: Call me dumb but not stupid please

Default Call me dumb but not stupid please

Ok, for the life of me I cannot find details the difference between p-spec and p-lim (tried searching and must be using wrong wordage, silly me)

What motors that are now acceptable for 2018 (a lot of crap going on with motors and impba/namba that I have read and still have no clue)

Have a blackjack 29v3 pretty much stock, MC that's open to whatever motor available for 4s for oval and or offshore (can you run oval and offshore with the same boat and set up?)

Yea, I've been called stupid before (mainly a stupid ass by myself) but this is making me look that way (sorry)

Thanks for links or any info on this. Was at the impba site, but I'm a dumb a** if I could understand or find what I'm looking for.

Gota love this 90deg turn around in bi-polar Michigan weather (-40 to 50 in 4 days),

John

Here we go again I need to call myself a stupid a** just to be asking these questions that I should be able to find on-line

John,
    P-limited and P-spec are the same thing. P-spec was what we called it as the class developed. It got the name P-Limited when it was officially added to the rule book. Check the NAMBA rule book for the legal motor list (page 104). I don't know which motor came in your Blackjack.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    John,
    P-limited and P-spec are the same thing. P-spec was what we called it as the class developed. It got the name P-Limited when it was officially added to the rule book. Check the NAMBA rule book for the legal motor list (page 104). I don't know which motor came in your Blackjack.

The Blackjack 29 V3 is My Boat ,,, Its stock setup is .. Dynamite 120A Brushless Marine ESC 2-6S / A3650-2000Kv, 6-Pole, Motor .. I do not know the race rules .. Sorry ,, When I use to Race it was all Gas and Nitro
    HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS

Russ

P limited is NAMBA. P spec doesnt actually exist accept where clubs have adopted something. Like MMEU.

NAMBA is voting on change that will make any brand, make, manufacturers motor legal provided it falls within a certain dimensional limit. 36mm x 60mm I believe.

MMEU has been doing this for a couple seasons now I think. Other clubs have too. We were a little too generous with the length though. For 2019 we will likely just go with the 36 x 60. Those supplemental rules are on the MMEU club forum here on OSE.

Not much feet kicking on it in truth.
    Noisy person