Thread: Boat Paint

Default Boat Paint

I Have 2 Gas 26cc boats I had them painted at a auto collision repair shop , Do not want to pay that price on this one ,, Trying to Paint my DV-20 now ,,,Went to Auto Parts Store get auto spray paint it would not cover in 3 coats so I sanded it down to try again

What paint do you use ???? on U-Tube best I could find was , Rust-Oleum 2X Ultra Cover Spray Paint // Color Coat and then Clear Coat
    HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS

Russ

The rustoleum is pretty decent but I’ve been using dupli color a fair bit because of color choices and the fact that my U-pol clear#1 likes it.

Here's what I found, am using the x2 (black hull, yellow stripes on sides and windows) did a lot of prep (sanding, sanding, sanding after each coat of primer) 1000 grit wet/dry paper (wet, works better). Am through pleased (would like to send pic's but in drying faze as I write this and pic's don't really show it off) Once dry, will apply decals and then do an all over spray with rustoleum x2 triple thick

Sorry, fat fingers
    Triple thick glaze, then 2 coats (1000 grit sand between) clear then will buff with an auto compound.

I used Klass Kote epoxy paint. Bought it on Ebay. I brushed it on over a first coat of full strength epoxy on my wood ML RSX380 rigger. It's a true two part epoxy paint. Very tough, but flexible. No issues with compatibility.

It can also be sprayed if thinned with Klass Kote reducer using this spray system...

Preval Preval Val-Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CW809XQ..._VHxwCbFMMRW85

I plan on spraying my next boat. I ordered this system...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

If your looking for 2 part epoxy paint, klass kote is an excellent product. I have used it for several years now. If I can shot this stuff anyone can!