Thread: Synchron self righting Rx ready

Default Synchron self righting Rx ready

Boat is sold!

Amazing self righting boat and long run times.

Here is a vintage boat from Joseph Toth (pirosteel) joysport guru.
    This was a champion 20 years ago and does exceedingly well on little power. Steps are super sharp and rudder is stock. I removed stock strut an have a simple brass tube to allow some adjustment. I moved water intake and will include nylon 35mm prop.

Not stable above 35-40 mph, recommend for 2s. 3650 leopard, 3900 kv, 28.5” hull 34” with hardware.
    $150 shipped con us.
    Last edited by Jesse J; 02-19-2019 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Update price
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Motor, esc, and bottom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Hi,

Here is a vintage video of this boat:

https://youtu.be/B36Sm2sBdoU

Enjoy
    I like the dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by PiroSteel View Post
    Hi,

Here is a vintage video of this boat:

https://youtu.be/B36Sm2sBdoU

Enjoy
    What motor and esc was used for this run?

For me was the setup:
    Motor: Kontronik 600 3660
    ESC: Kontronik Jazz 80 A
    Cells: 12 x Sub C (1,2 V)
    Prop: K42 from stainless

Cheers
    I like the dolphins

Price drop $160. Open to offers
    Comes with wooden stand.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Now at $150 shipped... offers?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I'm thinkin mabe the above 35...40 mph it's unstable statement might be scareing people away....any way to help it go faster....

The way to make it go faster would be to change out motor esc and add more weight.
    This is quite light and that is why it is so efficient. But if one wanted more speed, swap out power plant for a 4S system and go 4s2p.

I was trying to keep this economical and as it is now, these are the honest limitations.
    Don’t want to sell something for what it is not.

I will sell just hull and hardware for $100 shipped
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Totally understandable..and honest.......not really familiar with that hull.....so ....good to know that it has the potential.....

Make me an offer, needs a good home!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

How about $100 shipped and I'll bring it up to someone who might be interested for his young boy. If not maybe I'll take it myself to add to my "kid friendly" boats that I let the neighborhood kids play with.

Hey Brian, why not. It needs a good home!
    I’ll pm you my PayPal.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Awesome, I just got done talking to him and I forgot I was supposed to ask you about the small repair on the port side of the boat. He was worried about if there would be any leaks, but I told him that not to worry as I explained that that's the flood chamber side where it will fill up with water anyways so that the self-righting feature would function correctly. But, he still wants to know what or how it happened and if there are any concerns even if it's negligible.

Small repair was there when I got the boat. Call it a battle wound that adds character.
    No leaks, and very sturdy; was done by mr. Synchron himself.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Hey Jesse, sorry to cut off our conversation last night. I had a family emergency and didn't get home from the ER til early this morning to get only 2 hrs of sleep then to work. I'll get you paid tonight when I get home around 9:30pm -10:00pm. . . possibly even earlier as I'm thinking of going home early. . .thanks

Hi Jesse, payment sent. . .thank you

Got it Brian, thanks.
    I’ll get her packed up and let you know when she ships.
    For sure by Friday/Saturday, if not sooner (depending how my work behaves or not).
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Dropped her off at post office yesterday, should be there next weekend-ish.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Hi Jesse, box came in yesterday. I haven't opened it yet but, the box looks solid without any signs of distress. I'll give it to him tomorrow and we'll open it up together. . .best doing it that way. I'll give you an update when I've helped him set it up. . .thanks again

Hi Jesse, he's still out of town but he said to go ahead and run it if I wanted to. So I went over to get the boat today and finally opened the box. The boat looks good and was packed well. So the kids and I took it out to the pond with a bunch of other boats and there's a problem with the Syncron. The boat would not turn on. We're home now and I just got done trouble shooting it and the esc is not working as well as the servo. I plug in a different esc and got the motor running but the servo is also shot. So the esc and the servo are both not working. It's dark now but I wanted to test the motor in the water to make sure it's good as well but I figured I better not take anything off right now until I hear form you. So please let me know what you want to do.

Brian, I’m sorry you had unsuccessful first attempt. And without being there, I don’t know what the problem is.
    The electronics were working when I bench tested it, so I don’t think they are shot.
    The easiest thing for me would be to refund you $50 for the esc servo, and you can ship the esc/servo back.
    We Can do that if you like.

Trouble shooting:
    Don’t know how you got motor working w/o the esc working.
    If you used another esc, then I would suspect need to calibrate esc to radio.
    We’re plugs not in right slot or backwards?
    Was battery fully charged?
    I’d be happy to go through it on phone.

I’m at work all day and can work on resolving this when I get home evening.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Good morning Jesse, sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. After I got off work at 9pm last night, I went to see my dad at the hospital and fell asleep watching a movie with him. I didn't get home til 2;30am or so. Anyway, I just read your message and I'm glad you said it was working before you sent it to me. Even though I've been in this hobby for many many years, I still could have missed something. It was late Sunday night when I got home after boating with the kids. I was tired and at 57yrs old, anything could have happened. I'm off today but have a very busy day with my dad again. But, I'm going to look into it again one more time. Also, thanks for the suggestions but, yes, I did use a different esc to get motor working with TX/RX set and bounded correctly, had a couple different batteries that were fully charged to use, wires plugged in right not backwards and everything else done right. After all these years, I'm very sure I did everything right. . .the esc just won't power on. The servo powers on . .pushes fine but stutters when pulling. Like I mentioned, I'll test it again later in the evening before I send it back to you. I'm just glad you said it was working properly so there''s a possibility it's on my end.. .but if it would make you feel better we can go over it together as I'm sure you will not sell a boat with a defective esc and servo. FYI the kids were so excited to have the Syncron added to our play boats, so hoping to get it out on the water. Just pm me your number and I'll give you a call later this evening. . .thank you for getting back to me and I appreciate the offer.

Phone pm sent.
    Let’s get your boat running!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet