Thread: TP 4050 disassembly question

Default TP 4050 disassembly question

Hey guys, I’ve been slowly working on my Fast Fantasm since it hit the shore. Since it ran 4 seasons I’m thinking motor bearing replacement is a good idea. They are out and the three end bell screws are out. I don’t really want to tap the rotor to pop the end bell off. Any tips or ideas/experience out there for me?

Thanks, Shawn

I used a piece of 0.030" or less lexan. I make it just the right size to wrap the rotor and slip inside the gap. Now if you tap the shaft with wood the rotor will not scrape the inside. I also use the lexan to re-assemble a motor if I was forced to remove the rotor to do maintenance.

Isn't the rear just pinned or held together with screws? I guess they put glue in there too???
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I used a piece of 0.030" or less lexan. I make it just the right size to wrap the rotor and slip inside the gap. Now if you tap the shaft with wood the rotor will not scrape the inside. I also use the lexan to re-assemble a motor if I was forced to remove the rotor to do maintenance.

Isn't the rear just pinned or held together with screws? I guess they put glue in there too???
    I got the end off with a fine flat screwdriver and light tap. But man the idea with lexan(or even paper) is brilliant. And will be used from now on.

Thanks Ray

Yes, that lexan idea is a keeper

Paper rips but, you can use cut pieces of plastic containers to do the same. Yogurt, margarine, etc...
    Nortavlag Bulc