Thread: sponcor decals

Default sponcor decals

My understanding to race (sanctioned) you need so called "sponsor decals" on the boat as well as some numbers (whether or not they represent anything or not pertaining to rc)

In process of repainting a MC and planning on joining and start racing this spring. I'm ready to start applying some decals before clear coat to be in compliance. Been looking for decals for the MC (like to use some of them) and it 's a no go as far as finding any.

Where in the world do you find decals without the cost of having them made? OSE has a few (plan on them) But I searched and couldn't find anything that will work on a rc boat.

One other thing, a good motor for 4s for a MC. Pretty much stock other than motor mount reinforced and 150a ESC.

Thanks for any input,
    John

In Namba anyways I didn’t think you are required to have any decals other than in Scale and possibly sport 40 ll. We are required to have our Namba number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Sponsor decal sheets are cheap on ebay. Most sheets are for model cars. But a lot the stickers add a touch of realism to boats too.

https://www.google.com/search?q=spon...ih=833#imgrc=_

Thanks 785boats,
    I don't google, but may now have to start.
    Found a sheet with products that I do use ((its in ebay, but I have used a wrong word search) silly me), ordering as I type this.
    Thanks again.
    John
    PS: Any recommendations on a motor with 4s for the MC? need to be 36mm dia. 60mm long for p-lim.

What is MC?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Motley Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Johnc View Post
    My understanding to race (sanctioned) you need so called "sponsor decals" on the boat as well as some numbers (whether or not they represent anything or not pertaining to rc)

In process of repainting a MC and planning on joining and start racing this spring. I'm ready to start applying some decals before clear coat to be in compliance. Been looking for decals for the MC (like to use some of them) and it 's a no go as far as finding any.

Where in the world do you find decals without the cost of having them made? OSE has a few (plan on them) But I searched and couldn't find anything that will work on a rc boat.

One other thing, a good motor for 4s for a MC. Pretty much stock other than motor mount reinforced and 150a ESC.

Thanks for any input,
    John
    Will these work??.. https://traxxas.com/products/parts/2514 - For $3 can't go wrong.

Just finished converting Stampede 4x4 to Bigfoot No.1 - the ORIGINAL monster truck. Got sheet of those to put on the chassis mainly, some to the body too.

If your looking for something more boat specific, how bout these??.. https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXSE6&P=7 - $3.50

$6.50 total should get you more decals then you know what to do with for a long time.

Hope that helps.
    AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast
    Pro Boat SW26v3 - 2860-2600kv + Seaking(V2) 90A on 3S, Build in Progress
    Pro Boat Stealthwake 23 - Stock For Now - Brushless Down The Road

You need sponsor decals (real or fictitious) on sport hydros in both organizations. NAMBA rules call for the same thing on offshore boats.......I think. Can't remember.

If you plan to run the MC with MMEU you would run that in either spec cat or spec offshore.

For cat, by the book.....you only need your IMPBA numbers on it. No sponsor required. No windshield.

For offshore you "should" also have some BS sponsor on there but there are no offshore electric rules in IMPBA. So it's up to MMEU to concoct offshore rules for the club. Not a great big deal. Truth be told, nobody in the club is that up tight about it. We're more interested in guys getting on the pond than we are in beating each other to death with the rules.
    Noisy person

I frequently use OSE stickers by the way. Sometimes I'll make a modified OSE logo too. Flemming uses stickers from Larry's RC.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    I frequently use OSE stickers by the way. Sometimes I'll make a modified OSE logo too. Flemming uses stickers from Larry's RC.
    I was going to suggest contacting Dasboata and ask him for a few - free advertising for him.

In post #7 above I suggested some from Tower. I attached a pic of what they look like. I'm not a racer, but seems to me that Namba, Impba are racing related organizations in the USA.

The decal with the prop in it is for the AMPBA.ASN.AU - AU is the two letter internet code for Australia.

I have a couple of those sheets - if the OP sends a PM with his post addy, I'll cut those outta the sheet & mail them his way - USA only. Also have some left-over sponsor decals from the Traxxas sheet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RCBoaterGuy; 03-30-2019 at 04:50 PM.
    AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast

John,
    I gathered up a bunch of decals for you..

Cut out the Namba, Impba & propeller one's from a couple of those AQ sheets.

Found the left overs from the first Traxxas sheet I got a while back & threw them in too.

Take the envelope over to the PO Monday & mail it from there, want to make sure a regular stamp is enough.

Keep the PayPal, my offer was intended to be a gift to help a fellow RC boater, not to make money.

Regards,

IMG_0605.jpg
    Thanks I appreciate it so much

John

This is what I have, Black and Yellow
    Hope picture comes through

IMG_0608.jpg
    AQ 2030kv, OSE 150amp ESC, OSE upgrade flex, upgraded strut, upgrade rudder with water pickup. Still need to install battery trays (need reinforce tub when battery location close where it they need to be) That and figure what to do with motor mount as far as reinforcing it (carbon fiber plate vs aluminum plate) "toss up". But it needs to be done.

Thanks again,
    John

I know a pro printer, I make my stickers page pdf format

IMG_0608.jpg
    AQ 2030kv, OSE 150amp ESC, OSE upgrade flex, upgraded strut, upgrade rudder with water pickup. Still need to install battery trays (need reinforce tub when battery location close where it they need to be) That and figure what to do with motor mount as far as reinforcing it (carbon fiber plate vs aluminum plate) "toss up". But it needs to be done.

Thanks again,
    John
    John,
    I agree, that mount needs replaced.

Motor Mounts...
    Couple years ago I picked up the mount seen in the attached pix for a project. Never finished it, so don't have pix of it installed in a boat.

The holes in the base's allow epoxy to flow through side-to-side for a secure attachment to the base of the boats interior. I would kiss each hole with a drill bit to create a small chamfer. Spin the bit by hand only, no power tools & do both sides.

Here's another option - https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=ose-80080-c

If you want water cooled - https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=ose-80230-b

The OSE offerings are pretty much the industry standard; ton of vendors for them, most in China / Hong Kong.

I'm sure one of those choice's would get you going in the right direction.

Battery Trays...
    Fiberglass & right size for most 2S packs - https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=ose-80175-b - NOT Turnigy or Nano-Tech!! For some reason, those packs are very long, like 140mm~155mm range.

Carbon fiber - https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...prod=ose-80525 - three sizes available; should make it easy to find one that fits the packs you use.

Need Reinforce Tub.. May I suggest a sheet of fiberglass? Do the motor mount first, then the glass, then the batt trays.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by RCBoaterGuy; 03-30-2019 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Added Info

IMG_0605.jpg
    Thanks I appreciate it so much

John

This is what I have, Black and Yellow
    Hope picture comes through
    Looks a WHOLE LOT BETTER than factory MC paint job. Truth be told, I liked the Lucus Oil paint scheme that AQ put on those hulls for a couple years. Don't know what happened with that boat??

Unfortunately, painting is my weak spot. Had these guys.. http://www.rc-tradingpost.com/ do one of these.. https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/illuz...superduty-body for my Traxxas Stampede 4x4. Attached a couple pix of the finished truck. Body is still like new, but wanted a change, so..

Recently replaced that body with one of these.. https://traxxas.com/products/parts/3661 -that's why I got another one of those Traxxas sponsor decal sheets, wallpaper the sides of the chassis for realism & some for the body.

Speaking of sponsor decals, got your stuff sent off today. Standard business sized envelope, 55¢ - no biggee.

Regards,

Now you need a cool sponsor decal