Hello All!
I have been lurking around here for a few weeks now researching how to convert my old Miss Circus Circus to brushless. I built the boat 25 years ago and put a Picco 80 in it. I never could get it to run right in the water ...lost interest and put it on the shelf. So recently, got it down and gutted it in preparation for new power. It's amazing what can be accomplished with these new brushless motors. I don't plan on racing it, only running it around on a lake in northern WI. It doesn't have to be wicked fast, in fact I would rather keep it under control so I don't trash the hull. 50mph is good
I don't want to step on any toes here, but I have been in contact with Steve about what setup to use and he suggested Leopard 5698 910kv, on 8S with swordfish x+200A
After measuring the tub and the stuffing tube height, I don't think the 5698 will fit without major work. I don't want to keep pestering Steve with questions, I'm sure he is a busy guy, so I thought I would ask the other experts.
In reading posts, I am wondering if a TP4070 would power the hull. Not sure whether 910kv or 1090kv on 8S. I already have the two 4S revo packs. The boat weighs 9lbs without the nitro motor and pipe
The 4070 will fit easily with an off the shelf motor mount too.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks