Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Michigan Cup

Default 2019 Michigan Cup

Does any one have the dates for this years event??

Larry
    Last edited by TRUCKPULL; 01-28-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    Does any one have the dates for this years even??

Larry
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I don't think we will hear anything on a firm date until the club meeting coming up in February...but I am guessing and anxiously awaiting the dates like you guys are..
    JOHN A. GROSS
    MILLBROOK, AL
    Crickety Crack Racing Team

When was the last time it wasn't the weekend before the 4th of July guys? I already booked it at the lodge for us. Rhonda tracked me down like a dog.

So likely June 28, 29, 30. We haven't applied for the sanction yet is all.
    Noisy person

Thank You Terry

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    When was the last time it wasn't the weekend before the 4th of July guys? I already booked it at the lodge for us. Rhonda tracked me down like a dog.

So likely June 28, 29, 30. We haven't applied for the sanction yet is all.
    Who are you thinking will cd the race?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Tom says he wants to take care of it. He really does do a killer job at our club races. My opinion. We had a few hind sight moments too from last year that we thought we should have handled different. Could have made a difference to a couple guys overall. Not the fault of our CD. Just "stuff" where we felt we blew it. I guess if we don't reflect and adjust we need to quit doing it.

We talked about doing another nats but I think we talked ourselves out of it too. We were going to have to run another round this time. So 4 qualifiers and a final. Think that was the clincher. We haven't ruled it out but the time to commit has quite come and gone in my opinion.

I'm not sure if we'll use the shootout format but I suspect we will. That made for pretty stellar competition. No "lucking" into a win this way.
    Noisy person

Cool.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hi All.

Been a little busy with real life stuff lately but I'm looking to finalize stuff and get a listing on r/c racing events by March 25. Sorry about the delay.

Tom
    Caution: Does not play well with others!

As Promised, sign ups are up on

rcracingevents.com

Great! All signed up! Here come the questions. Any chance off classes being added? Maybe T-Mono?

Fede and I are all signed up for our 20 classes.....lol
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    Great! All signed up! Here come the questions. Any chance off classes being added? Maybe T-Mono?
    T-Mono was added as a combined class with T-Cat.

Remember that for a class to run it's a SEVEN boat minimum!! For the T-Class of boats it will be SIX boat minimum. We can run 6 Q and smaller boats in a heat. In order for a re-shuffle ("shot out") format to work there has to be at least 7 in a class, Q and smaller.

In the T-Class boats, 5 would be the max to run in a heat so 6 would require 2 sections therefore a re-shuffle. Otherwise the same 5 boats would run against each other, not what the racing format is intended for.

Got it. Still going to be tough to get 6. To bad i love big boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is a good setup for my RSX310 rigger? I was planning to set it up for full P Hydro but there are none entered. I'm tentative anyway...

I've got Blue Dynamite 3831's and 3835's. Not sure what props or batts to run??
    Nortavlag Bulc

Everybody is "tentative" this year Ray. haha Makes it virtually impossible to plan.
    Noisy person

Here's an update on the Michigan Cup. Due to the low number of entrants we will be restructuring the event.

We will be running the Michigan Cup classes on Friday and Saturday. Classes will only run on one day either Friday or Saturday. It will be a shootout format where the first round is random draw and rounds 2 and 3 will be determined by points. Position in a class will be determined by total points for the 3 rounds. Classes that don't achieve a minimum of 6 have been cut, Sorry.

On Sunday we will be running an MMEU Shootout . We will take the 4 most populated classes and run 3 qualifying rounds, the first is random draw, round 2 and 3 determined by points. The fourth round will be a winner take all final with only the top 5 or 6 boats running. Those boats not in the top 5 or 6 will not run a 4th round. Only a first place trophy is awarded.

Classes for the Sunday shootout will be posted in the next week.

You don't have to run on Friday or Saturday to be eligible to run on Sunday.

And the Sunday shootout is separate from the Cup entirely if you want to cut and run Sunday morning. The MMEU style shootout is fun all by itself.
    Noisy person

Was there an entry date deadline that I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Was there an entry date deadline that I missed?
    The deadline was:
    " ** Classes with less than SEVEN boat entered and paid for by June 1st will be canceled ** "

I made the cutoff date June 1st to get the trophies ordered.

it has been changed to:
    "** Classes with less than Six boat entered and paid for by June 8th will be canceled ** "

The shootout format works best if there is at least 2 flights in a class per round. Otherwise you would be just racing the same guys all the time. You can still sign up but the classes that didn't have enough signed up were removed. By removing those classes that would have left 3 classes per day. The classes were rearranged to race 4 on one day and 5 on the other.

The separate Sunday Shootout was set up to utilize the extra day. We have been running the "winner take all" format the last 2 years at our season ending Shootout.

I changed the deadline to June 8th ONLY so I can get a numbers count to finalize the Sunday Shootout classes.

Each class only runs on one day so someone can sign up for any or all days. The Friday and Saturday classes count as part of the Michigan cup scoring. The Sunday Shootout is independent from Friday and Saturday

Well....Sorry to say but I just can't justify the travel for pretty much spec only classes. 3 nights and 4 days. (No clue what races sunday) Probably spec only.

Sorry guys maybe next time?

Well....Sorry to say but I just can't justify the travel for pretty much spec only classes. 3 nights and 4 days. (No clue what races sunday) Probably spec only.

Sorry to hear that Howard. I know that you like to race the big boats, but there's not that many people that have the big boats that come to our race unless it's got the word Nationals in the title.

I'll remove your entry.

Quote Originally Posted by tjcast View Post
    The deadline was:
    " ** Classes with less than SEVEN boat entered and paid for by June 1st will be canceled ** "
    Thanks for the clarification. I simply missed it. I caught the 7 boat min, but didn't digest the June 1st deadline.

No problem Mike

thx

Quote Originally Posted by tjcast View Post
    The deadline was:

I made the cutoff date June 1st to get the trophies ordered.

it has been changed to:
    "** Classes with less than Six boat entered and paid for by June 8th will be canceled **
    Hey Tom, not trying to give you a headache, but really would like to see spec rigger make the cut.
    The last I looked we had 5. Since you posted the cut being June 8th how would I enter Fede with my back-up boat.
    Minutes ago I tried to entered him, but it was no longer there.
    Actually Tyler could run it if that if he wants too & that would make us have enough numbers....I believe.
    Let me know and I will get that last boat entered and we can get that class back on the slate.
    Thanks, Ken
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Haines View Post
    Hey Tom, not trying to give you a headache, but really would like to see spec rigger make the cut.
    The last I looked we had 5. Since you posted the cut being June 8th how would I enter Fede with my back-up boat.
    Minutes ago I tried to entered him, but it was no longer there.
    Actually Tyler could run it if that if he wants too & that would make us have enough numbers....I believe.
    Let me know and I will get that last boat entered and we can get that class back on the slate.
    Thanks, Ken
    No. Of those that were signed up, 1 signed up 3 months ago, hasn't shown up to either club race and doesn't respond to my text messages so I don't expect to see him. Another was talked into running the class because he only had 1 class on that day and he doesn't even want to run that class. So that leaves only 3.

The cutoff was initially June 1 to determine which classes would run. The June 8 cutoff is to determine what classes will run on the Sunday Shootout.

So again NO

If I were to make it, I'd have a spec rigger. Time is running out and I've been slow as always getting my stuff together. I really wish I was more prudent and punctual, working on it always.

got a P cat and p spec cat too, mono's are in pieces...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    If I were to make it, I'd have a spec rigger. Time is running out and I've been slow as always getting my stuff together. I really wish I was more prudent and punctual, working on it always.

got a P cat and p spec cat too, mono's are in pieces...
    It would be good to have you and Wendy here in Michigan again Ray.

I'm with you Howard and I live closest. Big disappointment!
    ~~~~~~~~`Mach 5 racing'~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ****2008/9 MMEU LSO, 2008 LSH CHAMP****
    ~~~~~~~70 MPH Club Member!~~~~~~~~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast