Thread: Twin P Cat +100KV Outside Motor?

Default Twin P Cat +100KV Outside Motor?

I can't say this idea has not crossed my mind but a seller screw-up placed it right in my lap.

I picked up a wrecked X2 hull since I've been wanting one for a while seeing how well they run, but wasn't prepared to fork over for RTR. I love the build too much and the hull alone is not available.

So I ordered a pair of elcheapo ZTW 3674s for it and after installing found I had one 2150 and one 2050KV. Emailed seller about that but am now wondering if its worth a try running the +100KV on the outside/left.

I'm not willing to do the math on the RPM difference though the turn but hope it might be more than 100KV on 4S and this would "split the difference" on turning/straight performance.

Any thoughts? Anybody try this or slightly different props on a circuit twin?

This could be interesting. Any chance you could check the KV on them? That is rarley spot on anyway.

So what is the plan in the straights, more rudder input? Certainly an interesting project. Starting with the busted hull definitely keeps the investment down
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    I can't say this idea has not crossed my mind but a seller screw-up placed it right in my lap.

I picked up a wrecked X2 hull since I've been wanting one for a while seeing how well they run, but wasn't prepared to fork over for RTR. I love the build too much and the hull alone is not available.

So I ordered a pair of elcheapo ZTW 3674s for it and after installing found I had one 2150 and one 2050KV. Emailed seller about that but am now wondering if its worth a try running the +100KV on the outside/left.

I'm not willing to do the math on the RPM difference though the turn but hope it might be more than 100KV on 4S and this would "split the difference" on turning/straight performance.

Any thoughts? Anybody try this or slightly different props on a circuit twin?
    Actually the hi rpm motor should go on the right looking from the back pushing the boat left to counter the prop walk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    Actually the hi rpm motor should go on the right looking from the back pushing the boat left to counter the prop walk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not if he uses counter rotating props.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    Not if he uses counter rotating props.

Larry
    don't matter,, thrust is thrust no matter what direction it's turning boats generally pull to the right

I’ll test it out thanks!