Thread: Problem Installing Castle Link

Default Problem Installing Castle Link

My hard drive cratered and I lost the Castle Link program. After installing a new hard drive I got every program up and running except for one. When I down loaded the Castle Link program I got an error message saying a program file was missing. It gave me several ways to correct the problem but, none of them worked. I even took the computer to an expert and he could not solve the problem. Seems the file is there but, the program can't find it. I'm the only one having this problem?

I guess this means that I'm the only one having problems installing the Castle Link!

I installed v3.78 a few months ago on my windows 10 laptop with no issues. Did you try uninstalling the software, deleting any folders left over, then reinstalling fresh?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    I installed v3.78 a few months ago on my windows 10 laptop with no issues. Did you try uninstalling the software, deleting any folders left over, then reinstalling fresh?
    All had to be fresh as a new hard drive was installed. I have windows 8.1 on my laptop. Maybe that is the problem

I have win 10 now, but when I had 8.1 it worked fine on that too. XP, 7, and 8 too.

I assume you or your expert have tried right clicking it and running it as administrator.

fweasel means for you to try uninstalling it, deleting folders, and reinstalling it, from your new hard drive. A corrupted install is probably the most likely issue.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

I did install it twice with the same results. And I did try running as administrator. Fortuitously, I have an old computer with the program installed and running so, I can use it in a pinch. Thanks anyway Paul for your trying to help.